460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Mate these motors are awesome. I work at RDP here in Australia and we do these on a daily basis.. I have driven a car with a motor llike in the vid we did made bit over 1100 hp and the top gear torque is unbelievable...
An average street car daily driver cn make 500RWHP with ease on the factory turbo.

Check out www.redcliffedyno.com Theres some pics of a ute (PRIM # plates)on there we nearly finished should run into the 9's ....

http://www.redcliffedyno.com/redcliffedyno/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=418

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thats it! Its over, Im done! Im moving to Australia. For the last time, I have seen a really cool ford thing that i cant have here. There was a video on you tube about an old mustang with a Turbo I6 in it. maybe it was that engine? My second favorite thing in the world is turbo sixes (in case you couldnt tell.)

·
Registered
252 Posts
For the love of god, why don't we get cool $h*t like that over here?
Man, I just want to punch someone right now.
How big is that six cylinder, anyway?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
They are 4 ltr.. To drive them is awesome when they come on and even that 1000+ hp idles smooth...... Maybe we should ship some over to you guys.
Theirs a place here that makes a bellhousing to a c4 or we use a powerglide in one we did. They are similar in size ,maybe a little longer than the original old 6's

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guy's don't jump the pond yet!!

I worked with a few guy's from Austrila just the other week, I was helping them with their xr8 Falcon 260 boss.. Got to talking with them and there's allot of things you can't do too your ride and drive it on the street..

1.) Can't have anything sticking out of your hood, like a 2x4 set up or blower I think over 4 inches??.
2.) Can't tube your vehicle, and run street legal Mickey super singles (NO BIG FAT TIRES) I think is what they said???.
3.) Can't put a big block in a car that did'nt come from the factory with one in it!! I think they said you could but you have to go see an Engineer first and he/she will tell you what you can and can't do to your vehicle.. For some $$$$$ of course...
4.) can't own hand guns!!!
Allot of other things you can't do, so be happy we live over here!!. Yes some of their car's are cool but the laws are way too much for me!!

I hope some of the Locals jump in here and really let us know what the rules are over there...

cheers

·
Registered
261 Posts
blown86hallet said:

I worked with a few guy's from Austrila just the other week, I was helping them with their xr8 Falcon 260 boss.. Got to talking with them and there's allot of things you can't do too your ride and drive it on the street..

1.) Can't have anything sticking out of your hood, like a 2x4 set up or blower I think over 4 inches??.
2.) Can't tube your vehicle, and run street legal Mickey super singles (NO BIG FAT TIRES) I think is what they said???.
3.) Can't put a big block in a car that did'nt come from the factory with one in it!! I think they said you could but you have to go see an Engineer first and he/she will tell you what you can and can't do to your vehicle.. For some $$$$$ of course...
Allot of other things you can't do, so be happy we live over here!!. Yes some of their car's are cool but the laws are way too much for me!!

I hope some of the Locals jump in here and really let us know what the rules are over there...

cheers
Bahhh thats bull

·
Registered
269 Posts
blown86hallet said:

cheers
Hey, you didn't mention that most of the country doesn't allow people to have fireworks!
You are pretty much right on what you said, but a lot of it has to do in which state you live. But it can be pretty tough.
The rules are constantly changing, but for a while back there, the widest rim you could run was 7 inches, and the track could me no more that 1 inch over stock. But with the factory these days bringing out a 9 inch wide option, it all seems pretty silly now. A lot has to do with where you are, and sometimes who you know.

As for guns, it's hard to own a semi automatic. Anything concealed is pretty much a no no.
It's all because some halfwit massacred 35 people (I Think), at Port Arthur 10years ago, and the govt tightened the gun laws as a result.

·
Registered
224 Posts
blown86hallet said:
Got to talking with them and there's allot of things you can't do too your ride and drive it on the street..

cheers
Australia sounds like Finland according the laws... Few exeptions, we can have big meats and own handguns but otherwise I think that I would feel homelike in Australia...

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
OK

OK, so I can ride around with my AK-47 and a concealed handgun in my tubbed out BBF powered car here. I think I'll stay in Virginia. The only thing that pisses me off is they get kinda funny about explosives.

I was popping off some Black Cat firecrackers for the kids one night when the police showed up. They asked me what was going on, and I said, "Oh, I was just running a few rounds through my AR-15." They thought that was OK, and were about to leave when my daughter said, " Daddy was lighting firecra......" as I placed my hand over her mouth. Close call, but I got away with it. Some things just don't make any sense. :lol:

Edit: Now that my hi tech redneck dialup has allowed me to see the vid, COOL !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey now

Hey now;
Before all you yahoo's go out + buy a cannon (of any size.) Do your homework.
There have been some Boy Scouts killed in 2006 because of cannons made with Chinese iron sold on the open market. (We can't fire those big cannon's, but we can sure make some noise with those "little" guns.) And those little guns is what killed those Scouts + their adult leaders. Those cheap imitations of cast chinese iron cost someone's young son, and Father(s) to die!
In the future we will read about re-enactor's killed by cheap chinese imported cannons.
Please, please, do your research on cannons before you fire one. Your own life may depend on it!
firewoodtruck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts