460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do happen to buy from these guys, DO NOT SIGN FOR ANYTHING, don't let your friend, wife, or neighbor do it either. Not until you've checked the product over really, really well. Don't just take a peek and say "looks good to me!" Scour that mofo and make the delivery guy wait.

If you don't, and you have an issue, there are no returns. You'll get an awesome call center full of Indians, who will tell you they can do nothing, but give you a meager discount to do business with them again. If you try to push for a return, they'll even fake a supervisor on the line, give you no employee identification other than a made up name, and ultimately hang up on you, leaving you with a problematic part.

I ordered a radiator, a Griffin. It was clearly drop shipped in the box Griffin puts them in, with no extra packing. My friend signed for me, and later I found the radiator had a nice dent on the bottom that was hard to see that was right where the tubes attach to the tank. I disputed it with my credit card company after the worst customer service call I've ever had, and ultimately they sided with them, because I had not returned the part.That's their strategy, they won't let you return the part.

Naturally I wanted a replacement at first, and eventually just wanted my money back. Nope. No way. These guys do not stand by their advertisement, written right on their returns page, that they will make it right. They won't. They suck. They probably don't keep any stock on hand, make no attempts to require proper packaging with the companies they do business with, and absolutely under no circumstances are going to ever let you return a part if you have an issue with it. It's GOT to be the shipper's fault according to them, so you better get UPS to pay for it if you have an issue. Good luck with that.

You've been warned. Don't believe me? Don't be a dummy like I was, check out all the reviews online from other folks who have done business with this terrible company. Buy from someone with a good reputation and a REAL customer service department, that's in a first world country. It's not worth being cheap with these guys. The amount of advertising these guys spend money on is no indicator that they are worth a damn, or on the level of Summit or Jeg's or any of the other big or smaller well known speed parts companies.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
506 Posts
Yeaaaaahhhh he needs to un-muddy the waters a lil bit... He's not very clear as to wether he purchased said item straight from the manufacturer, or a retailer, and if so, which retailer.. If you have an issue and want to air a complaint this loudly please do have all your ducks in a row as to who the issues are with in particular... (And this is my 460th post!!!)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was confused also, I think he means that we should avoid doing business with CARiD.com
Bingo. This is in the CARid forum because I have beef with CARid.

The issue isn't the part. It's their customer service. They sell all sorts of products. The product in question didn't really need to be mentioned by name other than that it was a radiator, it was just what I purchased through them. CARid doesn't manufacture anything at all, and I mentioned I suspect they are nothing more than a drop shipper, vs. a company that would keep a warehouse of goods like Summit etc.

I have Griffin radiators in my other Fords and they are a top notch product. Zero issue with Griffin- and I have no proof it came directly from them. They could be drop shipping from another supplier that happens to have Griffin radiators on hand, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure CARiD doesn't keep anything, based on the pricing alone, and the fact that their customer service department is foreign. They appear to put the vast majority of their money into advertising.

Hell, just dealing with a foreign call center that is full of people who barely speak English and know nothing about cars should be warning enough- nevermind my experience. I'm done with companies like this one and will only be purchasing from the ones I know with solid customer service departments and solid reputations. It's WELL worth the extra money in my mind.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
506 Posts
Aaahhhhhh!!! Ok, glad you cleared that up!!! At first glance you post seemed to be against the manufacturer of the product, not the reseller... Ok glad you put in your $0.02 worth on your experience with this particular company! Sorry things didn't get resolved for you, it's a shame when things like that happen..

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Had issues here, too. My dad bought some wheels for my mom's car, that ended up not being the ones he wanted. After futilely trying to return them for over 4 months, we just gave up and ate it. Their service sucks, and that's putting it mildly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts