460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I was sidelined on my PG installation, I decided to drop the bottom half of my oil pan just to take a look. 2 piece oil pans are DA BOMB!! Couple of minutes & it's off. Anyway I am looking thru the oil that was left in the bottom of the pan & everything looks great. Remember I have been going thru some bearing issues so I am a little bit cautious.Then I find a big piece of metal. It's magnetic & looks like part of a roll pin. So I pull the distributer & look what I find when I drive the roll pin out.
[/URL][/img]

That could have been a pain in the a$$ if that had broken the rest of the way at the track. Not to mention the waste of gas getting to & from the track. Just glad I caught it in the shop. :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Chris,
Look at the bright side, you found it at the right place and at the right time. I'd have found it on the track, with my luck :lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Chris , use two pins one inside the other. This will be one less thing to deal with when you get you hemi running. The gear will not have to drive the oil pump. Dry sumps are the DA BOMB.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BuddyThomas said:
Chris , use two pins one inside the other. This will be one less thing to deal with when you get you hemi running. The gear will not have to drive the oil pump. Dry sumps are the DA BOMB.
AMEN !!!!

Preach on brother man!!! :lol:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Chris, looks like your on a roll with little problems, :? Glad there not huge ones like when your at 7000 RPM and 140 MPH :shock: Get that thing running so one of us can do some racing this year :D
Take care,

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mudbogtom said:
A recent discussion that may be useful...
http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=20615

Tom
To, thanks for the link. I will be checking my distributer. I think the install is fine but it won't hurt to check. I think the main reason it broke is the distributer is 19 yrs old. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts