460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks guys. The season didn't start out as smoothly as I would have liked, but we're getting there.

The first pull was in Madison, Va. We broke a front axle shaft when getting pulled up to the scale right before I was to pull. So no pulling that night.

The second pull was in Easton, Md. We got down the track. I was way under geared and was bouncing off the rev limiter at 9000 rpm. Finished 15th out of 18.

The third pull was the the day after Easton in La Plata, Md. Found center tab on my rotor to be majorly heat warped. Must not have been making full contact with the cap. Luckily I had an old spare which I swapped out along with the cap. We pulled that night and the engine was flat. Still got 6th out of 18. Went to the pits and checked the data acquisition system. Cylinder 5 went out as soon as I started to pull the sled. Pulled the injector out and it was plugged completely. The epoxy which holds the stainless mesh in my Kinsler fuel filter was coming apart and found its way in there.

My fouth pull was at Buck, Pa this past weekend. Went through the fuel system and cleaned it out. Replaced the fuel filter with a System 1. Truck ran well. Need to get the little lope out of the chassis but will get there.

Pics from the last few weeks and video from this past weekend:

Easton, Md

La Plata, Md

Buck, Pa Pic1

Buck, Pa Pic2

Video from the Buck...

http://www.youtube.com/user/EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
nick this one they in tifton is nice they have it at the abac i haven't been in a few years but my moma and sister set up over there and my brother likes the truck and tractor pulls but i usuly have something ealse going on when they come to tifton if you don't now where tifton is it is about 75 mile north on 75 from fl.http://www.tpuller.com/events.html

·
Registered
255 Posts
that truck sounds awesome!!!! I used to go to the truck and tracktor pulls at the ohio state fair with my Grandma and Grandpa when I was a kid. That brought back some great memories. Good luck for the rest of the season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts