460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
B.F. Evans 2015 Ford Ecoboost Mustang

My daily driver died a couple weeks ago. I wasn't sure what I was going to replace it with. Lem Evans from B.F. Evans Ford was kind enough to step in and help me out so I ordered a 2015 Mustang from him yesterday. Now don't get too excited. It is not the GT although I did consider it. I went with the Ecoboost Mustang instead because it will be a daily driver. I did get the manual 6 speed transmission however. I have not driven one of the Ecoboost Mustangs but on paper it seems like a really cute little power plant. I'm excited about ordering it and I can't wait to pick it up. If you need a new Ford give Lem a call and let him set you up. He is a great guy to work with. I'll be sure and report back about how the cars looks, feels and drives.

Anybody in the market for a used 1999 Jaguar? It will go just as fast as you push it!

Here is what it will look like:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Lookin Good:) We have a "14" and it is a well made car. Comfortable too.:). That lem's a fine feller;)

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Congrats on your new car.
I need to test drive one of those soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on your new car.
I need to test drive one of those soon.
Thanks! I can't wait. It seems that there are several tuners you can get for the thing. Livernois has one for $600 that can potentially bump it up 100 HP and about the same in torque. That would be a pretty cool daily driver.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Chris, they make a conversion kit to put a small block chebby in that jag-u-r, I just thought I would be a smart azz this morning, LOL!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris, they make a conversion kit to put a small block chebby in that jag-u-r, I just thought I would be a smart azz this morning, LOL!!! :D
You know what Butter... I actually thought about that. The sorry part is that the car is in Cherry condition other than the fact the motor took a flying crap. I really hate to get rid of it. I am primarily a Ford guy but honestly I like anything American made. The idea has merrit and you can put together a SBC for about the cost of ONE P-51 head for god sake! I might have to look into it. If I do I'm going to need a bigger barn for sure!

·
Registered
790 Posts
You know what guys, if you put that SBC in it, at least that would hold it on the bottom of the lake. :)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's true:)
OK... I got a better plan. How about one of those Coyote crate motors?

....or just shove it in the lake as is and save the frustration.

Still waiting on a build date for my car. I can't wait to get it. My truck is eatting me alive in gas using it as a daily driver. It's hitting me up for about $100 bucks a week in gas payments!! OUCH!!

Hey Lem is it too late to order the GT instead?

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
New Car!

Well I got lucky again.

I got to go pick up my new 2015 Ecoboost Mustang from B.F. Evans Ford and I got to say that I LOVE IT!! I had not test driven or gotten in one of the new 2015 Mustangs before I ordered it from Lem. I just knew I loved the way they looked. I had rented a 2013 Mustang GT out in Tucson last year and that car was nice, but the new body style and interior is simply stunning if you ask me. I am having a little bit of regret over not ordering a GT with the Coyote motor but this will be a great daily driver. The little 2.3 Ecoboost motor does have some pep and it sure is not a dog. I think it should do just fine as a commuter car.

I'll also say that I ordered the stripped down version of the Ecoboost but you sure can't tell it is stripped down. The car has buttons for everything. I'm not really sure what else you could want on it frankly. The sound system doesn't sound "Stripped Down" either. It sounds fantastic!! I'm sure they make a bigger, louder thumper radio but again I'm not sure why you would need it. The radio it came with is GREAT! I'm really digging this car! Go buy one from Lem. You won't regret it.

I will also say that I was in and out of B.F. Evans Ford dealership in about 10 minutes. It was by far the best car buying experience I've ever had. I have walked out of 2 dealerships in my life (one Toyota and one Chevrolet). We negotiated the deal and when I sat down to write the check suddenly the cars were more! They pissed me off so I walked and never came back. Thanks Lem for a great car & car buying experience. I love it!! I'll come see you again when I'm ready for a new F-250.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nice ride! I love the new Mustangs. If my '06 GT, with less than 20,000 miles, wasn't paid off I'd probably be driving one myself.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Richard Petty Garage make a nice spoiler for the rear Nice looking ride
I searched around and could not find what you are talking about. Post a link if possible.

Nice ride! I love the new Mustangs. If my '06 GT, with less than 20,000 miles, wasn't paid off I'd probably be driving one myself.

It is a very nice car. I'm loving it!! Paid off is the BEST kind of car there is!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
With an intake kit and a programmer those little Eco motors REALLY wake up! Just sayin!

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With an intake kit and a programmer those little Eco motors REALLY wake up! Just sayin!
Yes they do. I've been reading all kinds of things on them.

This is a nice kit that MAP has out for it:

Ecoboost Mustang Turbo Kit

I'm waiting to see what Livernois or Hellion come out with as far as Turbo kits. Livernois has a pretty healthy tuner out for it now.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After the third tank of super unleaded the little EcoBoost averaged 30.8 m.p.g. according to the trip computer with a 50/50 mix of city/highway driving. The gear box is a little noisy but has a fantastic short throw shifter. I've read the noisy gear box is par for the course with these cars. Over all I could not be happier with it. It is a fantastic little car. It gets a lot of looks to. The car now has a little over 1200 miles on it. It is also super tight. No rattles or squeaks at all.

I will say that you could easily get 20 mpg in it if you drive like your 18 years old. I have driven it like a little old lady so far. I'm very, very pleased with it. I'd do it again in a heart beat. AND in my humble opinion it looks WAY better than the new Corvettes (yes I considered one of those). I don't know what Chevy was thinking with the a$$ end on those things. They are just flat ugly from behind. Unless of course you want your car to look like a bat mobile.

·
Registered
83 Posts
... AND in my humble opinion it looks WAY better than the new Corvettes (yes I considered one of those). I don't know what Chevy was thinking with the a$$ end on those things. They are just flat ugly from behind. Unless of course you want your car to look like a bat mobile.

LOL, I would love to have a Bat-mobile... Nice ride. Room in that thing for the race motor???

1 - 20 of 90 Posts