460 Ford Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks Chris,
I'm not on Face Book, but I found a way to view the video.
I have friends trying to find a way to make a copy of it so we will be able to see it after it is pulled down.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks Chris,
I'm not on Face Book, but I found a way to view the video.
I have friends trying to find a way to make a copy of it so we will be able to see it after it is pulled down.

Thanks again
Did you ever get a copy? If not I could rip it from the website and post it on here for you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thank you for the offer, my son has some teenage friends that got it for me.
Were you able to find the Street Machine Eliminator coverage in the latest issue of Hot Rod Magazine?

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Thank you for the offer, my son has some teenage friends that got it for me.
Were you able to find the Street Machine Eliminator coverage in the latest issue of Hot Rod Magazine?
Good. I'm glad you got it. It's pretty cool that your car made it into their ad.

I have Hot Rod Drag week magazine edition but I have not had a chance to read it yet. It didn't seem like anybody was interested in my poor little 4 cylinder so I'm sure I didn't make it in the magazine this year either but I won't know until I look.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Well I've officially lost my mind.

I have a built race long block coming for the Ecoboost. I plan on putting 35 psi into the cylinders and it should be good for 725 to 750 HP. I'll be running race gas on Hot Rod Drag Week to make the passes along with a SNOW methanol injection system to keep inlet air temperatures down. I'll also use it along with another tune to run pump gas from track to track. The new motor will be in the car by the 2nd week in July. I ordered the motor over two weeks ago so it should be here in 4 to 6 more weeks. Good custom builds take time...

If anybody wants info on the new motor just ask and I'll post details.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Well I've officially lost my mind.

I have a built race long block coming for the Ecoboost. I plan on putting 35 psi into the cylinders and it should be good for 725 to 750 HP. I'll be running race gas on Hot Rod Drag Week to make the passes along with a SNOW methanol injection system to keep inlet air temperatures down. I'll also use it along with another tune to run pump gas from track to track. The new motor will be in the car by the 2nd week in July. I ordered the motor over two weeks ago so it should be here in 4 to 6 more weeks. Good custom builds take time...

If anybody wants info on the new motor just ask and I'll post details.

what ever happen to racing the bbf fox?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It's not a ford (chevy 632 by sunset), but there was a guy that built a 1200+hp on E85 and race at a local 3 day drag week type of deal............NA 8.7s at 155mph.......dame impressive......it's a show car running full exhaust and 275 radial tire.

Chris i think you can do it in the FOX!!!!!

Cheers, Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
what ever happen to racing the bbf fox?
I'd love to. ...but then there is reality. I work to much. Time demands of a full time job/life have eaten away at all my free time. Now days when I do have free time I just don't feel like doing squat. But that is only like 6:45pm to 7:08pm every other Sunday anyway. You were right in your previous post. The fox is together and ready. I need to race it like it is. I do plan on going to the Ford Race in Hardinsburg in early June so I will have it out then. I did bolt on that Zex perimeter plate nitrous kit over the winter. Maybe I'll give it some smack then. I know people say it should be faster and that is fine but it launches great every time as far as I can tell & goes straight. That is good enough for me for now. If I get it to go faster later then great. If not 5.78 in a 3200 lb car is still pretty damn fun.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
It's not a ford (chevy 632 by sunset), but there was a guy that built a 1200+hp on E85 and race at a local 3 day drag week type of deal............NA 8.7s at 155mph.......dame impressive......it's a show car running full exhaust and 275 radial tire.

Chris i think you can do it in the FOX!!!!!

Cheers, Bob
You're killing me Bob!! Admittedly that would be the "dream". and that car sounds wicked cool.

I have to get head lights, running lights, blinkers and a horn on it before it could go. Maybe over the winter... For now it is going to have to be the Hot Rod Ecoboost for Drag Week. It is surprisingly fun and has A/C.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Ecoboost v.s. 500 hp dyno proven 2016 Mustang GT: I footed it on this run to give the guy a chance. I didn't use launch control.

Here is a 3 run video from a recent Ohio Valley Test & Tune night 2 weeks ago. The third 1/8th mile run in the video is the best. It went 7.57 @92.xx mph.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts