460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back late last night, it was an ok event, not alot of trucks showed up at this one, there were three different races happening. But I got a 1st in super stock and 2nd in pro stock, woulda been first in both but a bad battery post killed the truck at the end of the pit. Oh well, thats life, at least the guy that beat me was in another '79 ford. I have some carb issues to deal with, on three runs, the throttle stuck wide open and I couldnt get it back out, had to kill the truck, open the hood and kick it down, I have a pretty heavy return spring but the carb is just getting seized up. So its off now and gonna get tore down before the next one. I should have run my skinnies though, very watery pits, hard bottom, nothing at all like the previous 4 years there. My motor took a bit of a drink, nothing too major, but my carb gasket that sits under the carb hat had shifted somehow and was able to get some junk in it. I got it all cleaned out, might fog abit of oil down its throat once I get it put back together again just to make sure everything is lubed up still. I have some vid but its not worth posting. But I have some pics.

Just some random shots from the weekend.

My youngest, catchin a nap in the race truck before we got started

Gettin my second trophy and prize money

All done, ready to pack up and head home

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Great Pics Myron!! Congrats on another 1st ! Wow your youngest is sure growing! Almost forgot her name "Faith" is it?

TAKING TWO SETS OF TIRES IS THE WAY TO GO BUT I SURE HATE CHANGING THEM AT THE TRACK. STILL CAN'T ARGUE WITH A 1ST THOUGH!!

Looked pretty wet though!! Glad your battery post held out as long as it did!! Looked real good from the stills, lots of splashy-splashy!!:D

Jeffro

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Richard,

2nd is good for sure. Any way we can do some tweeking to get you past that one truck or is he way fast? What separated you time, distance what exactly? Just wanted to know how far away from him you were? If I remember right it's your engine builders truck or something, isn't it?

I can remember when this board has had a more trucks place in any one weekend !!

I don't think Rich had a great weekend but he, Dexter, and us all work against each other knocking each other out of placements. If we lived farther apart we'd probably place a little better !

Derrick congrats on your time being faster than the red trucks time. He's got a really good 100ft time and loves the short tracks.150 or less. He's a class up from us, we've drag raced him best outa three and beat him last year. This year we're about two10th's faster this year and they are the same. Thought you'd be able to get around him and you did! They read this board but don't post. Sounds like you guys had a good time Derrick ! Wished we could have came!

Myron sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your post!!
Do you have any video coming!! I have some work to do but one of my goals is to get the onboard camera set up for this weekend. Then you guys can see how many mistakes I make from inside the cockpit!!:)

Jeffro

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Jeff - no video coming this time, the truck ran really crappy and just didnt sound very good. I will save one clip maybe, for the year end vid I guess. Yeah she is growing like crazy, she is 3 months old now and in 6-12 month clothes already!! Her middle name is Faith, first name Layla.

Mark - give me a holler as soon as you can in case I need to make any modifications. I also still need some more info on Rimbey. I am skipping this weekend coming up just so I don't break nothing before we head south LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.