460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back to the track and tuned on the Torino and got it down to 10.299 and 130.92 :D .I was runnig 10.30s all day it was very cool.
I go thru the traps at 7100 and I have 10.5 x 28 slicks. I feel I am winding it higher than is needed. I had 3.91s in last year but thought I would go a little lower.
Also tried some stiff wall slicks and started with 10pds each just for a reference but blew a hole in my radiator. I was only off a couple tenths with the new slicks.
It was a good day.

Thanks Tore

·
Registered
765 Posts
Good job Tore 8) :D

Whats the eleveation of your track? Did you already have stiff sidewalls on it?? Im thinkin i need to go to one w. my heavy F100. Any advice??

Mike

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually dont know the elevation. I had been using a normal regular wall slick. I found these stiff walls and thought I would give them a try they were new. I really crush the sidewalls on the old slicks but there old also. Would have liked to worked on the new slicks a little but the radiator popped so I will wait till next year.

Tore

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I forgot to mention I did my best ever 60ft with the car at 1.452. That was with the new slicks but then I popped the radiator. So the stiff wall slicks look like they have potential. Tore

1 - 4 of 4 Posts