460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this one,
New Distributor For Ford Lincoln Mercury 1975-76 351 5.8 6.6 400 7.5 460 V8
it looks good but clicks as i turn the shaft...noisy.

cant get response from ebay or seller so im returning it,
where can i get a good one ??

anyone have this one???

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its amazing, they just send a return label paid by them and dont even ask if i want to buy another one ! they pay shipping twice!,,,and dont care.
so ill just wait till this one gets back and buy another!
no cost to me for shipping...

·
Registered
530 Posts
its amazing, they just send a return label paid by them and dont even ask if i want to buy another one ! they pay shipping twice!,,,and dont care.
so ill just wait till this one gets back and buy another!
no cost to me for shipping...
I apologize for originally posting the link to the distributor you purchased since I previously had purchased one. I know things "happen" and quality is out of my control but never intend for you to have such a bad experience right off the bat.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apologize for originally posting the link to the distributor you purchased since I previously had purchased one. I know things "happen" and quality is out of my control but never intend for you to have such a bad experience right off the bat.
hey, aint your fault...it looks nice, just ? something loose ??
seems like there are no humans involved, just a computer issuing return labels !!
ill try another...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so, i put their return label on it, dropped it off at ups.
came home and reordered !!
ill try again...!

·
Registered
530 Posts
After hearing about the issues you were experiencing with the distributor I sent the link for, I finally opened the box and tested the one I received. This one too has a click/noise, but I found after opening up the distributor, it is the advance weights making the clicking noise. While open I changed the mechanical advance slot orientation. I installed it in the smaller slot that measured .403, it was in the .506" slot, so I now have roughly 19 degrees of mechanical advance since I will be shooting for the initial timing being somewhere around 15-17 degrees BTDC. Hope this helps

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After hearing about the issues you were experiencing with the distributor I sent the link for, I finally opened the box and tested the one I received. This one too has a click/noise, but I found after opening up the distributor, it is the advance weights making the clicking noise. While open I changed the mechanical advance slot orientation. I installed it in the smaller slot that measured .403, it was in the .506" slot, so I now have roughly 19 degrees of mechanical advance since I will be shooting for the initial timing being somewhere around 15-17 degrees BTDC. Hope this helps
ill see the new one on sat. thats prob it.. i just dont do disrs
ok, i dont know dists. so ill check the next one. yrs ago i pulled one from a 400 and ran it as was,
dont think vac advance was ever right...but out playing one day i left a kenny bell 5.0 sitting.! so it was enuf.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got new dist.yes it clicks but not as loud ??
look alike but this one has a good "void' sticker on the internals. the other one was loose?
this one came with 3 papers, install,warr, and return card if needed.
the other had nothing...?
both packed well and in a sealed bag.
ill test with ignition stuff but cant run motor till...?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts