460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I also read that. Losing the Cobra Jet program sucks but face it the Pro Stock deal is a failure. The Nitro teams (Force and Tasca) are Ford in name and money only. There's nothing Ford about them.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I agree 100%. For one thing ESPN is ruining Drag racing for the few that watch. Never start at scheduled times,when they do they cut out for stupid stuff such as softball or tennis or golf. I don't understand Ford in there thinking anyway.Who in there right mind would go to a Ford dealer on Monday and buy because they seen a Nitro funny car win on sunday w/a Ford Blue oval decal on it. Show the public some CJ Mustangs and CoPo Camaro's racing each other w/wheels high in the air and I will show you some guy's beating a path to the dealer to buy a similar car to play with.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Problem with broadcasting sportsman class racing like stock/super stock is most people how don't race don't understand index or class racing. No person unfamiliar with drag racing flipping thur the channels will want to watch throttle stop racing. I'm surprised Ford has stayed in as long as it has. The success Ford has had in the Cobra Jet program is due to the fact they built the cars specifically to NHRA rules. Many of NHRA rules tend to eliminate Fords from competition. My car is a good example.'63 Fairlane with a BBF. Most any class I would like to race in specifies "no cutting of shock towers to install engine" which pretty much limits me to the super classes. No thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
That problem would be simple to fix.At the beginning of the broadcast ,they could explain the race class to the viewer and what they are trying to accomplish. I think the viewer would enjoy watching some class racers thrashing in the pits. They would understand that more than a TF crew tearing a engine apart and putting it back together in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That problem would be simple to fix.At the beginning of the broadcast ,they could explain the race class to the viewer and what they are trying to accomplish. I think the viewer would enjoy watching some class racers thrashing in the pits. They would understand that more than a TF crew tearing a engine apart and putting it back together in 10 minutes.
That would be nice if it worked that way but we both know TV drag racing is a dog and pony show not racing. Watch the old diamond p videos on YouTube. Racers were there to race not mention sponsors constantly or model for magazines. Sportsman racing doesn't have the polished drama of the TV racers and unfortunately that's what the public wants. While people like you and I would love it the general public are addicted to the drama.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts