460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Randy,
Whose fiberglass are you using. I've got a new Hairy glass front end and hood sitting in my shop, still in the shipping boxes...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy,
Whose fiberglass are you using. I've got a new Hairy glass front end and hood sitting in my shop, still in the shipping boxes...
It is a bruis , but that buisness has been ran in the ground after the new owners bought it. I have been scouring the net and harry glass looks like is the only one that will work due to the ground effects.

I am interested in it or would be interested in comparing some measurements if you do not want to let it go. I have got to have a 110 wheelbase.

pm me your phone # and I will give you a call

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Hey Ky ,if you can't get one ,bring it up here and I'll glass it back together.man ,that sux!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok , here is my side of the story as we know all have 2 sides.

I started my car and headed off to warm it up. I was driving down my side of the main pit road it has a (yellow line down the center). I scanned around the scoop down the passenger side and saw nothing , there was a long wheel base vette setting there backed up to his trailer.

This guy was setting behind the vette out of view , then suddenly he appears out behind the scoop and there was just no time to do anything. He did not have a spotter that I saw and was attempting to back across both lanes to his trailer when I t boned him.

You can tell by the damage on the tree that holds the front cap it was a blow from the side. He is hell bent on it being my fault and expects me to fix his car. I do not feel it is my fault and I am not fixing his car and I told him that he is the one that should be fixing my car.

He became violent and threatened me , but I kept my cool barely. Violence would have only ended with the police being called and probably jail time for both of us , plus maybe a few injuries . I am sure I will have to eat the entire cost of my car .

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I can fix it ,but it is time consuming. I know I could get her roughed out for the bash if he has to go that route.most of it's there,that's a plus:eek:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Man -- I sure hope the deal all works out in the end. I hate to see your stuff get torn up. I have been REALLY careful in the pits since putting the big aero scoop on mine. It seems like I have to pay lots of attention...and I sit way high in the car compared to a tube chassised car.
BTW..what track was it?

Sorry....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Damn Randy that sucks. Was it at Gleason? I dont remember any long Vettes being regulars or running there near as much as you. Get some of the regulars on your side. They'll back you.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Its his fault ya dont back across pit road,return road whatever without looking how could you have seen him unless you drive around the pits hunched over the passenger side looking out the windshield hell then you would'nt see the drivers side maybe he'll think about it and come to his sences good luck.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Randy,

"Bad" is not the word I would use!

You better get the clip up to Dan or somebody and get it patched. I'm comin to the Bash; see your car make some "Damon" launches.

That would be something, Dan fixes your car and you spank him in the finals:)

Bruce

·
Registered
941 Posts
I was driving down my side of the main pit road it has a (yellow line down the center).
You had the right of way. End of story. It doesn't matter where he came from. It was HIS responsibility to make sure his path was clear before he backed out, pulled out or whatever.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts