460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Swap kit off of a member on here by the screenname DA BEAST. I sent him a certified money order for $350 for the swap kit i was in contact with him through phone up until last saturday. He said he sent the parts out on thursday night and i should have them by monday and he was gonna call me back with a tracking number that night. I have not heard from him since and i still have no parts and it is friday. What can i do in this situation? Im out $350 and i live to far to go out their? any ideas? If anyone wants to pay him a visit his address is

Tim Williams
14534 south leavitt ave
Dixmoor IL 60426

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently bought a Swap kit off of a member on here by the screenname DA BEAST. I sent him a certified money order for $350 for the swap kit i was in contact with him through phone up until last saturday. He said he sent the parts out on thursday night and i should have them by monday and he was gonna call me back with a tracking number that night. I have not heard from him since and i still have no parts and it is friday. What can i do in this situation? Im out $350 and i live to far to go out their? any ideas? If anyone wants to pay him a visit his address is

Tim Williams
14534 south leavitt ave
Dixmoor IL 60426

thanks
Honestly man if he doesnt come through, your out 350 bucks. I went through this before and there is nothing you can do legally. I tried calling my hometown police department and the police where the guy was. All to find out that I couldnt do [email protected]#!! Sorry this has happened to ya.

Edit: He has been on today so he will probably see this and get nervous.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nothing at all!! You should have used paypal.. They WILL give you the money back if you dont get what you bought...
Good advice there 93. I see you really made a difference in this thread. And just like your TFS/Procomp head comparison...you are wrong. Paypal could give a s**t if this guy got ripped off. Ask people on here who have been ripped off using paypal.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah I would give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Not to turn this into a pissing contest but I have always had good luck with paypal. For ex. the last set of 67 quarter panels I purchased were sold to me as "new." Well when I received them they were old, dented, and rusty. To make a long story short, paypal let me keep the quarters and refunded me in full.
Justin

·
Registered
631 Posts
It's just a case of "Buyer Beware", the guy only posted in the auction block, & his prices seemed to good to be true! I posted in his auction block ad that the deal seemed fishy to me. He never posted anything to dispute what I said about him, so I was pretty sure it was a scam. I suggested that he post in chillys garage and introduce himself and maybe post some pictures of his car, he never did! So, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Gary

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good advice there 93. I see you really made a difference in this thread. And just like your TFS/Procomp head comparison...you are wrong. Paypal could give a s**t if this guy got ripped off. Ask people on here who have been ripped off using paypal.
Fu*k that... I have been ripped off and I got a full refund. Took about 5-6 weeks... THANKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
popcorn strikes again

Fu*k that... I have been ripped off and I got a full refund. Took about 5-6 weeks... THANKS!!!!!!
from what I've haerd, if the guy emptys out the acct used in pay-pal, they won't get you a pennie back, now if the person Has money in the acct still, they can do it man.
jus my 2Cents Rick

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Dud just give it a rest, we have to many pissing match threads already, and the auction block aint the place for another one, not trying to piss any one off but it's not

·
Registered
261 Posts
i nearly got ripped with a $400 purchase and luckily i used paypal as i got all my money back

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got done dealing with tim, I bought a demon carb from him and wired the money to him.I hate doing transctions like this,very risky but i got the carb and was a great deal for me,I hope you get your parts soon.I did the exact same thing talking on the phone,He sen,t me a tracking numbers and i got the carb 7 days later,I just wanted to give you some hope on the "seller" I bought my carb from him 3 weeks ago,good luck.....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
from what I've haerd, if the guy emptys out the acct used in pay-pal, they won't get you a pennie back, now if the person Has money in the acct still, they can do it man.
jus my 2Cents Rick
They would have to close the account completely. Paypal will freeze whatever the amount was out of your bank account or credit card if you have removed the money from the Paypal account. So as long as you have that info on file you would not get away. It is still safer than a m.o. or check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
another route

Since you sent him a certified letter via the US Postal office and he has not sent the parts, get the postal inspector involved. It is now considered mail fraud. The US Postal Inspector doesn't take that lightly. I hope it is just a delay in the shipping company.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Since you sent him a certified letter via the US Postal office and he has not sent the parts, get the postal inspector involved. It is now considered mail fraud. The US Postal Inspector doesn't take that lightly. I hope it is just a delay in the shipping company.
x2.mail fraud!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you but something and they want a money order go get a postal money order from the post office.If they screw you then you can get the postal service involed imeditaly then it becomes postal fraud across state lines and the goverment gets involed.Most people would not like that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts