460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site and 460's.
I have a 1952 f100 truck I'd like to put a 460 in. I currently have a 460 out of a 70 Lincoln with the D0ve heads with a c6. Everything is bone stock but all apart. Diesel mechanic by trade so gas performance is a lil new to me. I would like to reuse whatever I can buy want to be more closer to 500hp range. I'm able to do most mechanical work myself besides machining .

Also with the motor package a Lunati 10340705k hydraulic flat tappet can
Kit. From what I've read it's a pretty big hot came for some street/strip. Could I use this kit or will it too too much cam?

Intended uses for the truck will be weekend cruise and maybe some track time just to see what it'll run. Some highway driving but nowhere far.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
379 Posts
New to this site and 460's.
I have a 1952 f100 truck I'd like to put a 460 in. I currently have a 460 out of a 70 Lincoln with the D0ve heads with a c6. Everything is bone stock but all apart. Diesel mechanic by trade so gas performance is a lil new to me. I would like to reuse whatever I can buy want to be more closer to 500hp range. I'm able to do most mechanical work myself besides machining .

Also with the motor package a Lunati 10340705k hydraulic flat tappet can
Kit. From what I've read it's a pretty big hot came for some street/strip. Could I use this kit or will it too too much cam?

Intended uses for the truck will be weekend cruise and maybe some track time just to see what it'll run. Some highway driving but nowhere far.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You have posted your question in the Engine Tech Archive. You should post in the active Engine tech section where it will be seen.

That is a lot of cam for a street truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts