460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for help to convert two Barry Grant 1090 Carbs on my 620cui drag race car to E85 fuel.
Do you have experience on that and could anybody help here?

Thanks
Franz

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had Mark Sullens convert mine. I think it was $450 to have it done and the car runs great. I thought about doing it myself, but after pricing parts it made more since to me to just let him do it. He will also help with any issues you may have.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Save yourself a lot of time and hassle by selling the gas carb you have, and buying an E85 Quickfuel carb.

;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it really seems to be a better way to buy two new carbs (2x4 setup).
What is your experience, I'm between two 1050 Quick Fuel or AED carbs. I'm using quick fuel on my street/strip Mustang but AED seems to offer pretty good E85 stuff too. I wanted to hear what you guys think about both brands..

Thanks
Franz

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
If it was up to me, I would just box them up and send them to Mark Sullen's E-85 carbs or Race on E- 85 .com Justus Daniel (www.raceone85.com) and they will convert yours cheaper than trying to sell yours and then buying new ones and they will help you with the tune in them, just leave the tune up that's in the carb now on gas and they will convert it to E-85 using your gas tune, so when you install them back they are spot on and if you have any issues they will help you over the phone, I have called Justus at race on e-85 at 9:00 pm at the track and he helped me with mine so I know first hand. hope this helps, I have a E-85 1050 dommy on mine now and I love it!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts