460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been kicked around a little before by those of us in the west, but nobody could decide on a location.

I'd be willing to organize an event in my area. I think the track in Pueblo, CO. would be the best choice from a cost perspective. The elevation isn't too high and they have a 1/4 mile track as well as a road course down there. It's about an hour south of me. Plenty to do and see for the whole family in and around Colorado Springs if anyone wanted to make a vacation out of it.

Is my location too far for you guys in Cali, Washington, Montana? How about for the guys in the central part of the country?

Mid September or mid October are the only times that really work for me. October can be kind of risky weather wise. Last year we had a major blizzard, but this year it was sunny and 70-80 all month long.

If anyone is interested, this is the time to start getting it together. It doesn't have to be here. If you live someplace else and you're willing to organize it, speak up!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm game. My wife's sister lives outside Colorado Springs... Let's do it!!

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had an idea while talking about this with my wife. Maybe we could coordinate around the Ford vs. Mopar showdown in Pueblo? Do a Friday cruise and dinner here in Colorado Springs for the BBF guys followed by racing at the event on Saturday and Sunday?

Here's the flyer from this year's event.

http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com/images/mopar07.jpg

I can contact Scott from MPG and see when the 2008 event is planned and if he'll have room for a BBF contingency.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Ford vs. Mopar ehhh... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sounds like fun...

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
That would be interesting! Remember a while back about that stink that came up when a Tv show that comparied the Muscle Car engines? (they didn't use a complete factory Hemi) Then it got into PHR and they called us cry babies?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its a pretty good central location - hope its not during the Sandhill Open Road Challenge!!!

Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
175 Posts
BBF Bash

My home track (120 miles away) is Pueblo. That would be fun to meet some guys off of this forum. Guys the Ford vs Mopar Shootout is held at Pueblo for two days while the chevy boys have a race in Denver.
Maybe we could even rent the track on Friday for just the good guys.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Carl I'd love to come and see this. See what you can do and if I'm not doing the harvest thing I may show up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts