460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very mild 460 build in my dedicated bracket/index/fun TNT drag car and I absolutely need more motor. I bought back this motor to somebody I sold it to (I built the motor originally back in 2002) just to get everything started in it.

I'm finding out that AZ isn't really an area with a whole lot of Ford guys or at least Ford guys running Ford motors. I can't really find too many tranny builders who want to build anything besides a power glide trans (I'm running a full rollerized c6 with a brake built by dynamic).

I want to get an aluminum headed motor built up. I don't believe it'll be worth ripping out of my stock'ish 460 now because the only parts that will be reused will be the block, timing cover, and balancer while everything else will be parts to sell of. I think I might as well sell the motor off whole minus, the electric water pump and the balancer, MSD dizzy, and valve covers.

I need some advice on who to go nowadays to get a motor built up for bracket/index/fun TNT car. I had a 521 SCJ motor that made 627HP back in the day that weighed 3450lbs with me in it and it ran 10.69-10.71 consistently and was a streetable car. My new car is a 2000 Mustang GT that weighs only 2700lbs with iron heads (everybody at the fab shop was shocked it was that light).

All I currently have that will go on my new motor build will be SR-71 heads (I'm in line for a batch) and I ordered them to have solid roller lifters. Who's near AZ that can build me a motor? Or somebody close enough not to have no really expensive shipping cost? I tried reaching out to my old BBF builder via email and text with no returned responses so I'm reaching out again. I've been absent from the forum for more than 8 years. here is what I'm working with.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duffe motorsports is the bbf guy in glendale.he is very busy right now and backed up for a while.but its worth talking to him.knows ford really well.
Yup, I called him up before I posted here about looking for a builder. His answering service straight up says "we aren't taking in work right now". Welp! It's more professional than somebody saying "take your f**king money elsewhere"!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yup, I called him up before I posted here about looking for a builder. His answering service straight up says "we aren't taking in work right now". Welp! It's more professional than somebody saying "take your f**king money elsewhere"!
Get Randy Malik at RM COMPETITION engines to build your engine, pay the shipping and least you will know it's built right................his a one man shop.

Cheers, Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts