460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkn about selling my block got it in a trade out deal, what can i expect $ wise for it? Thx fellas!

1971 Cobra Jet DOVE-A block bored .080 to 4.440". Honed for moly rings. It’s been parallel decked and cut for O-rings. O-rings have been installed. Main saddle has been honed true to cylinder bores. Lowest point on any non thrust flange is .178" before the bore job which leaves .138". 4-bolt mains, new ARP studs included for the heads and mains. Half fill of blocrete. All machine work done.

·
Registered
962 Posts
worth

It is a 4 bolt which is a plus
You are including studs, that is a plus
I think you said align honed , o ringed all that is a plus
It is filled with hard stuff - eliminates the street folks
+80 isnt thin but have you checked wall thickness ??
Maybe its last shot at life, is this a fresh hone, not run?
The machine work is a plus, still have to hone to match piston mfg spec
Around here I would think $800 would be a good number considering the fresh machine work
Assuming no wall rust that needs to come out
Good luck, have one of those in my 71 SCJ

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Thinkn about selling my block got it in a trade out deal, what can i expect $ wise for it? Thx fellas!

1971 Cobra Jet DOVE-A block bored .080 to 4.440". Honed for moly rings. It’s been parallel decked and cut for O-rings. O-rings have been installed. Main saddle has been honed true to cylinder bores. Lowest point on any non thrust flange is .178" before the bore job which leaves .138". 4-bolt mains, new ARP studs included for the heads and mains. Half fill of blocrete. All machine work done.
Go to a machine shop to get all that work done and you will fined that the machine work alone (align-honed, square-decked, bored and honed, o-ringed) is worth perhaps $700 by itself. The block might be worth another $700-$1000 depending on particulars. Unfortunately, in this economy getting your money out back by selling the block outrightt is is a tough one.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts