460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a BBF fox body and have a couple exhaust questions, right now I have 4" to some bullets and dumps, I do some street driving and really want to get the exhaust atleast past the axle "9" rear end", would knocking it down to 3" from the header back kill power? car is a pretty mild build and probly around 650hp..

Has anyone ran 3-4" full exhaust on their fox body? The largest ultraflo muffler I could find was 3" post your setups thanks!

·
Registered
666 Posts
It wont hurt going to a full 3" but I wouldn't go much smaller with your set up

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wouldn't consider 650 hp a mild build, but considering the company we keep on this forum I can go with mild. I have an even "milder" build, 466 built for torque 580 lb ft @4800. I run Hooker super comps open. the C9 heads have a mild port and did not like it when I put 2 chamber flowmasters on it. they were thrown together for break in so the shop wouldn't be so loud for a half hour. I ran it up the street with them on and it wasn't slow by any means. I ripped em off and that engine woke up. I see no reason why bullets with 3 inch out would take away anything. 460s hate mufflers and we all know bullets are not really mufflers. more like tubes. just my 2 cents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts