1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is the cross member in the car as it was a 5-speed car. what about for a mount? just any old trans mount? mine is out of a '76 Thunderbird, just get the stock trans mount for that?

It probably isn't nearly as complicated as I am thinking as I only seen it through the shifter hole. just looked crazy having the mounting holes on the trans at an angle on both sides then the trans member straight down and what not.

·
Registered
616 Posts
that is the cross member in the car as it was a 5-speed car. what about for a mount? just any old trans mount? mine is out of a '76 Thunderbird, just get the stock trans mount for that?

It probably isn't nearly as complicated as I am thinking as I only seen it through the shifter hole. just looked crazy having the mounting holes on the trans at an angle on both sides then the trans member straight down and what not.
you have the weird long tailshaft c6 ? i had to buy a short car shaft and tail housing to have the standard 2 bolt trans mount like the factory cross member uses, but i had to tear the trans all the way apart to change the main shaft ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IDK what shaft it has to be honest. However, the trans mount holes on the transmission are in the same spot as the hole in the cross member. As in the are both the same distance from from say the front/rear bumper of the car. Just that unlike my C4 which has two vertical holes for the mount, this has them at an angle on each side of the tail shaft....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
the double hump transmember doesnt line up with the header. it is inline with the shifter the speedo cable and the edge of tunnel. take a look at some off the header shots on the car build up forum. if i had known how tight a c6 fits in a early fox like mine i would have used a c4. i sectioned and relocated the trans end mount to gain exhaust clearance on my car. your experience may differ but that was mine....fwiw bobn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts