1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.Use , street/strip, mostly street
2. Around 3800 pounds, 76 F100 swb
3.gears, 373 with locker
4. trans. C6 with 2500 stall,with kit from Broader Perf.
5.fuel, 93 octane pump gas,do not want to have to mix in race gas.
6.parts, D1VE block 60 over,stock crank,flat top forged pistons,arp crank and rod bolts,Factory D9TE Rods,hyd. flat tappett Crane Powermax cam 354561 296/300 lift .556 .563,HS roller Rockers, arp push rods,Victor Jr. Single plane intake,850 holley,ported and decked DOVE-C heads,hedders,msd firing and ignition,
7.Now my question is how much Nitrous can I spray on this motor.I wont be spraying it very often.I was hoping for 200 to 250.what do yall think.What am I missing?I am in south Ga.
Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Ok, why would you need N2O on the street? Do y'all have a timing problem with the red lights on main street? A .060 over 460 should do just fine on the street, and probably more power than you will need. Hope this helps. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Below is a link for the NOS Big Shot Plate system installation instructions. Page 11 has the chart for how large a horse power hit you can use along with what gas you will need to run. I run the NOS Big Shot system myself. Looks like you could run a 150 or 200 shot on pump gas. I would not go over 200 HP if I were you. If you do you will just be begging to "build it again". Here is the link... Enjoy!!

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/nos-a5061-snos.pdf

·
Registered
817 Posts
i have a .060 over with kb cast piston but alum. heads which heip with pump gas i have 10.3 comp. and spray 125hp on pump gas with no problems and going to try 150hp this summer and i do spray on the street not the smartest thing to do but thats that
dragweek quickest street rod 2009 2010

·
Registered
783 Posts
My apologies to the OP. He shouldn't need nitrous on the street anyway. Street racing kills innocent people and puts perfectly good tracks out of business.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Should handle 200, but it would be borderline. Heavy, not enough gear/converter, stock rods. Would never spray that engine 200 off the line anyway, maybe at speed. Me and my driver get worried about our single stage 250 on his 357 em185 headed cleveland with 4.30 gears and good, good converter. I watched our former prized iron-headed roller Cleveland scatter at the 60' mark because of a leaky nitrous solenoid that made the car backfire in the staging lanes. It dropped a valve as a result. The car now goes 10.70's all engine and 9.40's spraying out of the gate with the CHI heads and better parts. I guess the point is that nitrous is not worth the occasional hiccup that could cost you your engine. For the record, his current engine with the good heads is a pump gas engine, though. I hate the risks but he still sprays it on occasion with no problems. Just realized something, your CR may be too high, flat tops and dove-c heads.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
My apologies to the OP. He shouldn't need nitrous on the street anyway. Street racing kills innocent people and puts perfectly good tracks out of business.
I fully agree!!! I used to do it until I was having dinner one night in another town and seen a Honda Civic hit a family in a Dodge Caravan at probably 110 mph from inside the restaraunt, long story short 7 people dead over a $50 bet. The other driver got charged with 7 counts of vehicular manslaughter, 7 life sentences with no possibility of parole.

·
Registered
584 Posts
i've sprayed a 400m with 400 shot a bunch of times,first time it pushed a head gasket out but after that was fixed i never had another problem.it was in a 2500#car though,and ran 5.70's.1/8:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the link and all the info.I guess I will get in finished first, and then try out the gas.I will do it right, or I wont do it.I may go ahead and put in forged H-beams too.I had rather do that , than have to build it again.Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
817 Posts
you guys r right about street racing not smart to do and at 60 u think i would now better hope the wife dont here me say that
dragweek quickest street rod
2009 2010

1 - 20 of 50 Posts