460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bbf on nitrous that won’t clim in high gear have anyone had this problem before?I have changed converters,carburetor,and 7531 still same problem. 598 bbf scj heads pg 1.80 with 4:56 rears 2840lbs

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a Bbf on nitrous that won’t clim in high gear have anyone had this problem before?I have changed converters,carburetor,and 7531 still same problem. 598 bbf scj heads pg 1.80 with 4:56 rears 2840lbs
What is it you're trying to climb? More info is needed to help you. Is this drag racing, hill climbing, Donnor Pass? What is the cam specs, carb, ignition system setup, fuel system supplying the nitrous, etc, etc,etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drag racing Solid roller cam 795 int 795ex induction solution fogger and plate pro systems 1200 dominator magna fuel 500 fuel pump -8lines to carburetor -6 to nitrous

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like a trans issue since you have all the right stuff and it pulls hard 1st 2nd. That seems to be the only thing you change when it happens. It doesn't seem that you're running out of fuel, which can cause this type of problem. Not unless it's moving away from the fuel pickup. What type of fuel cell are you using?
Did this just start or are you getting the bugs out of a new build.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Working out the bugs transmission been checked front mount fuel cell
Front mount? as if in front of the engine or the pickups facing toward the front? If it is in the back of the car, you want the fuel pick ups facing to the rear. The fuel is forced rearward on take off that way. otherwise the fuel is moved away from the fuel fittings..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Sounds like a trans issue since you have all the right stuff and it pulls hard 1st 2nd.
He's running a Powerglide. Sounds like it runs good in 1st but when it shifts to 2nd it's done. To the original poster, what's your fuel pressure doing when it's running out of power? Are these problems happening when running all motor as well as on nitrous, or just one or the other?

·
Registered
263 Posts
He's running a Powerglide. Sounds like it runs good in 1st but when it shifts to 2nd it's done. To the original poster, what's your fuel pressure doing when it's running out of power? Are these problems happening when running all motor as well as on nitrous, or just one or the other?
You must know his car better the me. Didn't see anywhere that it says a Powerglide.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I believe the abbreviation in the OP post "pg" meant power glide

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I don't think you should stick to mechanical things. You are the guy that said bolts can bend around a corner in the exhaust manifold vs valve cover clearance thread, are you not?
I run a dragster with that fuel cap on a similar fuel cell I had to add an extra vent on the cell. It was creating a vacuum in the cell on the big end of the track.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
1972Mach1 & Dacofa cut it out please. Do not post on this thread again unless you intend to help the O.P. and do not reply to each other. The first one of you that takes a swat at the other will not be here any more. Please stick to the subject(s) at hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts