460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is partially selfish ;), but, in the end, I feel it will benefit the entire BBF community.

What part(s) do you wish somebody made for BBF engines? In the middle of your swap/engine build, you realized you were missing a doo-dad and couldn't find it on Google.

I hope that some of the manufactures see this list and, hopefully, we can have a few more products available to us.

I'll start the list. Here are a few things I've seen people ask about:

-- 1/2" thick Stainless steel header flanges
-- Spacer that goes behind the crank pulley when you have a motor plate setup.

This is an opportunity to voice your needs and wants. This board has a huge variety of members. You never know who may be able to put a product together :).

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are in need of those, I could make them for you....

Robbie
I don't, but I've seen people ask about them a couple different times on this board. That's the purpose of this thread ---> find somebody who can supply a product that other people need/want.

Have a good day!
Michael

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How about more aluminum blocks from the big manufacturers, like Dart and World. Competition means lower prices

·
Registered
436 Posts
Edelbrock or TFS

A Victor style intake with injector bungs cast in and machined for fuel injection at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
436 Posts
TFS street heads with the smog pump passage ways in the exhaust ports so I could build a big block and still pass the Arizona smog test.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
A long neck Aluminum Verticle water fillerneck for A heads (smallblock style) like the chevy guy's have. And affordable.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Provision to mount the starter directly to the block instead of the trans.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. That's the reason you have to shim GM starters. They can't put two crankshafts in exactly the same location. Ford recognized that problem and put the starter in the bellhousing....which is indexed off the crank location.;)

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Judging by some of the calls I get......people want a 900HP pump gas engine that will idle in traffic all day long, never need any maintanence, include a 5/50 warranty, priced at about half of what it would cost me to build it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Judging by some of the calls I get......people want a 900HP pump gas engine that will idle in traffic all day long, never need any maintanence, include a 5/50 warranty, priced at about half of what it would cost me to build it. :rolleyes:
LOL
whats wrong with that?? :D

I'll take one of those too btw. :p
(just to clarify i'm not one of the ones who called you looking for that)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts