460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long winter of waiting, we finally got the test the 600" A Head motor in the T Bird. 8.08 @ 167 on a conservative tune. The plan is to run it in Super Gas this year. Big thanks to engine builder Steve Everett.

https://youtu.be/KcbZhjfV_5M

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
very nice pass, its a 600"???? how much more is in it??? looks like it went very straight, good car!!! nice!!! got anymore videos? what was in it last year???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's a 618. There's definitely some more in it but the car is only certed for 8.50 and we set it up for 9.90 so there was no need for an all out pass. When I bought the car it had an iron head 466 and ran a best of 9.02. Then last year we put an edelbrock head 557 and ran 8.7 but the block had some oiling issues so we had to pull it out. But she definitely likes the big motor.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
whats the thunderbird weigh?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to get the engine specs from the builder.

As for weight, with the iron head 466, the car weighed 2280 without driver so just under 2500 race weight with that setup. The aluminum heads are lighter but offset some by the eliminator block. I plan on weighing it next time our track scales are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts