1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Congrats, Phillip 8) 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Congrats Phillip, on a job well done... 8)

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Congrats Phillip, Kilkare is up the road just a ways from me. How do ya like that short shut down area :?: All box cars there run 1/8 mi. no box cars run a min. of 10.00 dial and run 1/4 mi. because of short shut down.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Hey guys,

Phillip Oakley won the Jegs Super Quick 32 race at Kilcare (Zenia, OH) this past weekend with his Texas Roadhouse sponsored #1 dragster and the TFS A-460 headed BB Ford engine. Many of you saw his new dragster on display at the Winter Tech Seminar.

A big congratulations to him and he is now # 1 in the points race for the season championship.

Keep up the good work Phillip :!:

·
Registered
143 Posts
THANKS! I have a great team and sponsers that are able to make me look pretty good. 2 weeks ago I decided to change engines due to the heat and high track temps and it was a great move. My bfevansraceparts 598 has performed flawless all year and continued @ Xenia. Just real quick I want to give a big thanks to Lem for all my engine help, Lawes for modifying a intake for me on short notice, Quick fuel for a great fuel system, Tim Murphy for great headers, Tci for all my trans and torque convertors, need to also thank Charlie and Jet boat Bob. Cant wait to see everybody @ the Bash.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Good job Phillip!! And a BIG THANK YOU for hosting this awesome event!!! Can't be easy with all the racing you're doing yourself. Can't hardly sleep waitng for Friday to get here. Keep up the good work buddy!!!

Keith

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Congrats Phillip, he has been spankin the azz off these S/Q guys this year!!Good luck on your points chase Phillip!! Put the Big Ford up on the podium :lol:

·
8,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/21/2008

Phillip Oakley, the 2003 series champion, captured his first Jegs Super Quick win of the season Saturday night at Kil-Kare Dragway in Xenia, Ohio and jumped into the points lead as the series heads down the stretch in its 20th anniversary season.

Oakley became the sixth winner in as many events in the nine-race 2008 series with a final
round win over a red lighting Mike Bagley. While Bagley was .008 too quick on the tree in the final, Oakley was .009 good, just what his average was for the five rounds of racing include a perfect .000 light in the third round.

Qualifying was led by Butch Lambert of Fort Wayne, Ind. with a 4.523 at 151.47 mph to claim the $200 Jegs gift certificate. Lambert then picked up the Pit Pal Products Perfect Dial-in bonus, which had grown to $300, when he opened the quarter-final round with a win over Glenn Yancey with a 4.510 on his 4.51 dial-in.

The quarter-final round continued with Oakley at wheeled of his Texas Roadhouse-sponsored American dragster taking a narrow win over Steve Taylor; Bagley out dueled Ty Smith, and Tiffany Branon knocked off defending Jegs Super Quick series champion Dean McIlvain.

In the semi-final round Bagley overcame a starting line advantage by Jr. Dragster graduate Branon to advance to his first final round appearance in only his third series race of the season, 4.536 on a 4.53 to a 4.667 on her 4.64 dial-in. On the other side of the ladder Lambert’s evening came to an end with a red light against Oakley .

copy/paste

1 - 18 of 18 Posts