460 Ford Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this to be typical of this area :roll:


Turn's out Joe the Plumber is not a plumber afterall. (NBC)


Thursday, October 16, 2008
Joe the Plumber update


Because we're sure you want to know: Joe the Plumber does not have a
plumbing license, has no concrete plans to own a business, and might
have to vote provisionally in the Ohio election.


Joe Wurzelbacher, whose story John McCain used last night to poke at
Barack Obama's tax plan, is learning today what most sudden
celebrities do - that the second 15 minutes of fame aren't nearly as
much fun as the first.


Wurzelbacher is the Toledo man Barack Obama spoke to this week while
making a surprise door-to-door canvass of an Ohio neighborhood.
Wurzelbacher told Obama - and later reporters - that Obama's tax plan
might be an obstacle to him buying a plumbing business.


McCain pounced on the moment to illustrate the victims of Obama taxing
citizens and businesses that make more than $250,000. Obama made his
own appeal to Joe. Katie Couric called. Suddenly, Joe was political
and media gold.


Today, however, Wurzelbacher told a swarm of reporters that the whole
owning a business thing was a little premature. He and the owner of
the plumbing business where he works have talked about him taking it
over at some point. "There's a lot I've got to learn," he said.


The Toledo Blade is reporting that Wurzelbacher does not have a
plumbing license, and that according to Ohio building regulations, he
must maintain his own license to do plumbing work. He is also not
registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means he’s not,
technically, Joe the Plumber.


Wurzelbacher also might have a small issue with his voter
registration, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Because of a
discrepancy in the spelling of his name on voter records, he might
have to vote provisionally this election. Wurzelbacher apparently did
vote in the Ohio primary this year as a registered Republican, the
Plain Dealer reports. He was a member of the Natural Law Party in
previous elections.


The moral here is not that Joe is a bad guy. It's not that McCain's
larger points about taxes are necessarily invalid. It's that we should
be cautious with any political narrative we hear.


McCain, by the way, told Fox News that he might be giving Wurzelbacher
a call. "I think we're going to be spending some time together,"
McCain said.


With satellite trucks surrounding his house and bloggers poking into
public records and more, Wurzelbacher might not take him up on the
offer. Would you?


(Update: Uh oh. ABC News is reporting that Joe has a lien against him
for unpaid taxes in 2007.)


(Update No. 2: An Ohio TV station, NBC24, attempts to answer the
question of what kind of license Joe needs:


"A representative with Toledo Building Inspection says a plumber must
be registered with the state and only then may they apply for a Toledo
Plumbing Contractor's license.


Al Newell is a licensed plumbing contractor in the city of Toledo.
Anyone working under him should have a journeyman's plumbing license
or an apprenticeship license. According to Toledo Building Inspection,
Newell is responsible for making sure anyone working under him is
licensed.


Joe Wurzelbacher does not have an Ohio or city plumbing license.


The City of Toledo Plumbing Board of Control may consider a punishment
for Wurzelbacher and/or Newell.")
Posted by pstonge at 2:03 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
what a bunch of bs. He openly stated that he does not have a license. He does not need one for his exact job, but does work in the plumbing business. It is amazing how so called 'news reporters' can do so much research on a subject when it goes against their agenda, just like when Sarah Palin was announced. They had a small army for weeks trying to find anything (and even making some things up) they could on her. On the other hand, B. Hussein Obama has tons of suspicious things in his past and none of it is being looked into by the midstream media. Anytime someone brings it up the media is quick to call them racist and do everything they can to turn it around. Now we have ACORN stealing the election with the money and support of even Obama. True, Fair, Democracy is dead. Obama lied multiple times in the last debate:
Tax cut for 95% of Americans- ~35% of American don't even pay taxes, so how can they get a "cut"? AND THEY VOTE!

He denied that he kicked off his camapign in terrorists Ayres house- totally true

He denied the infanticide part (killing a fetus that instead of dying inside the womb from an abortion, actually was born alive)- This truely makes me sick to the stomach and I pray he is not elected. How can anyone deny care to any baby that is out of the womb? Say what you want about abortion, but this is truely sickening.

He stated that 40 plus million more people will get healthcare, while reducing EVERYONE's premiums by $2500- Sorry, but that is mathematically impossible, without massive tax increases.

How in the Hell did we get to this point? B.O. is by far the most far left liberal that has ever gotten to this point. I will stop now, sorry for the rant. No wait, I am not sorry. This is by far the most imprtant election we had in a while and I hope everyone does their research and then votes for their candidate.

EDIT for speling
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
skosler said:
what a bunch of bs. He openly stated that he does not have a license. He does not need one for his exact job, but does work in the plumbing business. It is amazing how so called 'news reporters' can do so much research on a subject when it goes against their agenda, just like when Sarah Palin was announced. They had a small army for weeks trying to find anything (and even making some things up) they could on her. On the other hand, B. Hussein Obama has tons of suspicious things in his past and none of it is being looked into by the midstream media. Anytime someone brings it up the media is quick to call them racist and do everything they can to turn it around. Now we have ACORN stealing the election with the money and support of even Obama. True, Fair, Democracy is dead. Obama lied multiple times in the last debate:
Tax cut for 95% of Americans- ~35% of American don't even pay taxes, so how can they get a "cut"? AND THEY VOTE!

He denied that he kicked off his camapign in terrorists Ayres house- totally true

He denied the infanticide part (killing a fetus that instead of dying inside the womb from an abortion, actually was born alive)- This truely makes me sick to the stomach and I pray he is not elected. How can anyone deny care to any baby that is out of the womb? Say what you want about abortion, but this is truely sickening.

He stated that 40 plus million more people will get healthcare, while reducing EVERYONE's premiums by $2500- Sorry, but that is mathematically impossible, without massive tax increases.

How in the Hell did we get to this point? B.O. is by far the most far left liberal that has ever gotten to this point. I will stop now, sorry for the rant. No wait, I am not sorry. This is by far the most imprtant election we had in a while and I hope everyone does their research and then votes for their candidate.

EDIT for speling[/quote
You seem to know everything, why aren't you running, ohwait, you're the teacher. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
sorry, but I work at a power plant and I do not know everything, but I do know when something smells fishy. Extreme voter fraud from an organization that Obama's campaign donated $830,000 to, he legally represented these crooks earlier on in his career, he taught sessions for their workers and helped train them. If you don't think that is fishy, then we will just have to disagree.


EDIT

by the way. I stated my case and if you noticed in the last line all I asked is people to do their homework and vote for who ever they want. Don't just listen to the media who is in the bag for B.O. or get caught up in all the 'bumper sticker' slogans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
skosler said:
sorry, but I work at a power plant and I do not know everything, but I do know when something smells fishy. Extreme voter fraud from an organization that Obama's campaign donated $830,000 to, he legally represented these crooks earlier on in his career, he taught sessions for their workers and helped train them. If you don't think that is fishy, then we will just have to disagree.


EDIT

by the way. I stated my case and if you noticed in the last line all I asked is people to do their homework and vote for who ever they want. Don't just listen to the media who is in the bag for B.O. or get caught up in all the 'bumper sticker' slogans.
What do you think happened in Fla. a few years back, that one was stolen, how did that work out for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
if it was truly stolen don't you think there would have been "official" news and lawsuits instead of just the kook left wing blogs? If it was a proven fact then Bush would not be our president, but it's not true. And just for your info, I am not too happy with Bush either, but he is definately the lesser of the two evils. By the way, ACORN was around back then also. Wonder what they did that election?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
skosler said:
if it was truly stolen don't you think there would have been "official" news and lawsuits instead of just the kook left wing blogs? If it was a proven fact then Bush would not be our president, but it's not true. And just for your info, I am not too happy with Bush either, but he is definately the lesser of the two evils. By the way, ACORN was around back then also. Wonder what they did that election?
I'm sorry, but me and a few million others seem to think the kooks are on the right, see you 11-4-08. :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
he has 35% of 'Americans' who do not pay taxes on his side and it is still this close? Hmmm? He has 90% of the media (Tv, newspapers, etc) on his side and it is still this close? hmmm? If the media actually did their jobs and were not biased and non income tax paying free-loaders could not vote the libs would not stand a chance. If you don't positively contribute to this nation you should not vote. Voting is not a right, but a privilege. Hardworking, patriotic, true Americans will take back this country. Maybe not now, maybe not in the next 10 years, but hopefully before I die. :twisted:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,225 Posts
Stephen don't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. :? Harold and I had a dialouge on unions and how they ruined our country and I could not talk any sense into him about that. So don't try and talk sense to him about this election. Liberals are people who feel, not think rationally. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
schmitty said:
Stephen don't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. :? Harold and I had a dialouge on unions and how they ruined our country and I could not talk any sense into him about that. So don't try and talk sense to him about this election. Liberals are people who feel, not think rationally. 8)
Thanks Rob, now I don't have to say anything... :wink: :lol:



Doug... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
torino501 said:
MICHAL SAVAGE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) Now you are talking.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,225 Posts
Harold said:
skosler said:
if it was truly stolen don't you think there would have been "official" news and lawsuits instead of just the kook left wing blogs? If it was a proven fact then Bush would not be our president, but it's not true. And just for your info, I am not too happy with Bush either, but he is definately the lesser of the two evils. By the way, ACORN was around back then also. Wonder what they did that election?
I'm sorry, but me and a few million others seem to think the kooks are on the right, see you 11-4-08. :D :D :D
Harold even though we will never agree politically you are still a BBF brother. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
C'mon guys, there's a reason for no political threads, this board is about Big Block Fords, not about political propaganda.
Besides, all politicians are full of crap, on all sides, they're worse than lawyers, well, maybe just as bad!! :?

Edit: Schmitty, that is the right attitude, I wish more folks thought that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
I'm sorry for prolonging it, but there is an election coming up and it is very important to many of us. This is a garage for 'non 460 banter' and every garage, shop, barn, etc that I have been in for the last few weeks is talking about this. Are we different? Do we have blinders on and keep our head under the hood 100% of the time. As long as we keep it civil, I think it serves a purpose. Many people are still undecide or are not going to vote. To have a healthy discussion about the topics (I think) is a good thing. Chilly has allowed these to go on here lately because (I am assuming) we are keeping them civil. I will try and stop now, becasue I guess the guys that dictate many important things in our lives are not important and not worth talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
schmitty said:
Harold even though we will never agree politically you are still a BBF brother. :)
I feel exactly the same way. There is nothing personal and I would not mind talking BBF's with Harold. Not everyone has a thin skin and is offended by everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
871 Posts
skosler said:
he has 35% of 'Americans' who do not pay taxes on his side and it is still this close? Hmmm? He has 90% of the media (Tv, newspapers, etc) on his side and it is still this close? hmmm? If the media actually did their jobs and were not biased and non income tax paying free-loaders could not vote the libs would not stand a chance. If you don't positively contribute to this nation you should not vote. Voting is not a right, but a privilege. Hardworking, patriotic, true Americans will take back this country. Maybe not now, maybe not in the next 10 years, but hopefully before I die. :twisted:
SWo what you are saying is, if we don't agree with you we should not vote, let me tell you something, I worked 43 years, climbing power poles, so young pups like you didn't freeze their butts off, don't tell me I haven't earned my right to believe what I think is right, your "grand old party" has got the country so screwed up it will take 20 years to clean it up, so if I don't think the ones that screwed it up can fix it, I will vote for the one I think can. :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
Harold said:
SWo what you are saying is, if we don't agree with you we should not vote
sorry can't let this one go. You are putting words in my mouth. When did I ever say that you should not vote? I thought it was pretty clear that I was talking about free-loaders who live their whole life off of welfare. Retired people who worked have every right and to assume that I was refering to these people is just ignorant. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
skosler said:
I'm sorry for prolonging it, but there is an election coming up and it is very important to many of us. This is a garage for 'non 460 banter' and every garage, shop, barn, etc that I have been in for the last few weeks is talking about this. Are we different? Do we have blinders on and keep our head under the hood 100% of the time. As long as we keep it civil, I think it serves a purpose. Many people are still undecide or are not going to vote. To have a healthy discussion about the topics (I think) is a good thing. Chilly has allowed these to go on here lately because (I am assuming) we are keeping them civil. I will try and stop now, becasue I guess the guys that dictate many important things in our lives are not important and not worth talking about.
I think this election is very important, and I agree that a healthy discussion is a good thing.
However, I have heard very few "healthy" discussions lately, it usually ends up dissolving into a bunch of political rhetoric, or outright BS, with tempers flaring.
Didn't mean to pee in anyone's Corn Flakes, I just don't want to see people on here get bent at each other over politics, it's not worth it.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top