460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my new belts this weekend,Y style,and a racer friend stops bye and say's they are not allowed any longer. :roll: I don't have a new NHRA book.True or not?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I believe he is right from what I was told as well.
:x

·
Registered
941 Posts
Y belts are no longer allowed other than the ones that have been in car and not expired yet. These are dated 12-04 and earlier. They are grandfathered in and will expire no later than 12-06. Any Y belts dated after 12-04 are not allowed.

By "Y" type they mean the belts that have two shoulder belts that are SEWN into one belt behind the seat and attach with one metal end on the belt.

You can have belts with two seperate metal ends (on the roll cage or floor end) The two seperate belts can go through a single adjuster buckle (making them look like a Y belt) and both can attach to the same mounting point on the cage.

The main thing is that each shoulder belt must have it's own seperate attachment end.

David Cole

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are dated 10/05.....I"m POed that the speed shop would even sell me this $hit.Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just found out I"m good to go.The diff. between Y and V style is the Y style has the long single strand (tail) that can dang neer reach the floor.The V style is shorter, to bolt right behind the seat.Terminaligy is important.So is spelling :oops: This is a great fourm.....Thank you all.

T

·
0 Posts
David Cole was describing the V-belts which are legal. Are places like Jegs & Summitt still offering Y-belts anymore??? I guess than can still be used for roundy round racing. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts