460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 69 SCJ 429 block stroked to a 557 that is 15:1 - that I plan on spraying. I cracked the oil pump and need help in choosing the right oil pump for this motor?? :confused:
I appreciate any and all suggestions.
Thank you
Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
pfffft, High Flow Dynamics is the best - hands down.

:cool:
Carl, i checked out the pumps you talked about. it seems they got some tricks to improve oiling by modifying a Mellings oil pump. but as for cracking, im not sure there pumps would be any stronger.. i could be wrong. maybe you could elaborate on this pump. The Kaase pump looks stronger for sure.
(I too am in the market for a stronger pump)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Where and how did you crack the pump? Paul's pumps are great pieces if you want to stay with a stock configuration pump. The Kaase pump is definitely stronger around the neck if that is where you broke yours.

·
Premium Member
5,553 Posts
There is no "best" pump; there are several pump choices each with different oiling characteristics that suit specific engine applications better than others...just like selecting most any other engine component such as pistons (dome, flat, etc), heads (hemi, wedge, iron, etc), rods (steel, aluminum, etc).

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
the fix

There is no "best" pump; there are several pump choices each with different oiling characteristics that suit specific engine applications better than others...just like selecting most any other engine component such as pistons (dome, flat, etc), heads (hemi, wedge, iron, etc), rods (steel, aluminum, etc).

Paul
Hey Paul Please post a pic of one of your pumps with the big tube with duel support tabs. This stops pump breakage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts