460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am building a '67 C6 with Broader's 500 HP kit, oil mods, TCI +2 pan, and probably stage-4 shift kit for approx. 500 HP street use. (anyone have experience with the "truck" and stage-4 calibrations?)

Since it is an early case, I can't run an R servo. It came with a G servo and I'm unsure on the lever. It was behind a 390-2v. I am also fortunate enough to have D and H servos, as well as a new F lever from the kit.

I took the servo and lever specs and worked out some values for various combos by multiplying the servo apply value by the lever ratio: (servo / lever)

G / E: 3.77
D / E: 3.85
H / E: 4.33
R / E: 4.59

G / F: 4.69
D / F: 4.78
H / F: 5.38
R / F: 5.70

I'd really like to use the Police Intercepter servo, but it looks like it's potentially unsafe with the F lever, and comparatively anemic w/ an E.

G or D w/ F looks pretty good though right? The D servo does have .04 less release area than the G or H servos do.

I'm not sure which combo would be "best", but it's nice to have options at least. I know the F lever is "slower" to apply than the E if that's a big factor. The H servo came with 2 different length pins and a white stripe 6-coil spring. Anyone have any guidance? Thank you!

P.S. I know it's going behind an FE, but I have a '73 460 as well with a Berkeley 12JC behind it. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I decided to play it safe and go with the H / E combo.

I'm not sure which (Broader) shift kit calibration I want to go with, or which way to go with the #8 hex nut for select shift safety feature if anyone has any input there.

I also have a 4 clutch forward drum that my builder doesn't want to machine, so wondering if I should try to source a 5 clutch drum or just swap out the standard frictions with some reds and move on. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I replied your emails earlier :) What forward drum do you have ? If a later drum with a wave it can be restacked without the wave to 5.
Or can use earlier .062" frictions and some raybestos .059" selective steels and do a little mixing and matching .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Change of plans, my H servos were for a C4, so I'm going with a D servo and F lever instead. We haven't cracked into it yet, but I don't believe the trans has ever been serviced and it's a '67 from behind a 390-2v, so I'm assuming a 3 or 4-disc drum. I'll see what the builder thinks about sourcing something different or going with the thinner frictions & steels to get the job done. Can't thank you enough for all your help Greg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts