460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New here and hopeful this forum will be a good home for questions like this for years to come. Hopefully there are a few active or retired mechanics. I am far from either (just a banker who LOVES cars).

I had a block test done and I'm 90% sure I have a blown head gasket on my 68 T-Bird. It has the original 429 Thunderjet with only 25,000 miles. I'm wondering what folks would recommend as the best head gasket to use after I get the heads serviced please?

Thanks,
Tup

·
Premium Member
8,721 Posts
Hi all,

New here and hopeful this forum will be a good home for questions like this for years to come. Hopefully there are a few active or retired mechanics. I am far from either (just a banker who LOVES cars).

I had a block test done and I'm 90% sure I have a blown head gasket on my 68 T-Bird. It has the original 429 Thunderjet with only 25,000 miles. I'm wondering what folks would recommend as the best head gasket to use after I get the heads serviced please?

Thanks,
Tup
Welcome.

Where are you located?

Altitude?

An original 68 428 will have static c/r in excess of 10.5 to 1 unless Ford installed a .060" gold head gasket in the hot start recall of the day.

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,
Tup
I've used the standard FelPro gasket on dozens and dozens of 429/460's without issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts