460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What seems to be the best sealant for gas fittings ? These holly regulators just won't seal off good with other stuff i have tryed..All other fittings use o-rings , which work great...I bought some loctite at a local tractor shops that says it seals gas fittings, and other fittings i just put on the reg's, but haven't fired up the pump yet.. Loctite PST 592 is what i just put on the threads..Will know soon....Also bought some Permatex 80632 thread sealant with PTFE if the above don't work....thanks

·
Registered
914 Posts
My fuel lines were leaking on my duel feed holley and I used pink plumbing pipe thread tape. Its like thread tape but alittle thicker and more durable. They don't leak anymore. Hope this helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
379 Posts
My fuel lines were leaking on my duel feed holley and I used pink plumbing pipe thread tape. Its like thread tape but alittle thicker and more durable. They don't leak anymore. Hope this helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
+1 on teflon tape

·
Registered
477 Posts
Teflon tape works well, just keep the tape off of the first two threads of the male fitting or you could have problems. I have also used Permatex form-a-gasket with great results. I did experiment with a couple different brands of Teflon based semi-liquid pipe thread sealant that were approved for gas/fuel lines and they sucked big time. Hope this helps. Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts