460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Barry Grant 850 alcohol carbs. These have BG, bodies, blocks and bowls, glass sights for fuel level, brass floats, #40 squirters. These will need to be serviced prior to use. Repeat, these are not ready to bolt on and go. I haven't used them in years and are missing some bowl bolts and one has missing air bleeds. $200 each firm + shipping PayPal +3%

Carb #1

Carb #2

·
Registered
227 Posts
I might be interested in one of the carbs. Would you think that I could run gasoline by rejetting? I am more familiar with holleys, do these take holley parts like the proforms do? Last question, do they just need gone through, cleaned, new gaskets, new seal washers, new needle and seat, clear all the passages, and tune them, or is there throttle linkage issues, throttle shafts siezed up or rusted?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They take standard holly 4150 parts. The metering blocks would need to be changed as well for gas I think. Jets and air bleeds for sure. Maybe one of the smart cab guys can help us out. I've been running injection for almost 20 years. I bought these for a project that never came to fruition. Then, like we do, we help out a racer here, and a racer there. They been well used, just not by me. Everything works as it should, but I would recommend anyone to go through them before bolting them on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts