460 Ford Forum banner

What to do with the rest of these two Lincolns?

• Use them for target practice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Part them out when I get the time?

• Add them to my collection of rusting heaps behind the shop?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been trying to pick up these Two Lincolns from a friend for the past year or so and I finally may be getting them in the very near future. One is a 69 Continental "Land Yacht" with a 429 and the other is a 72 Lincoln Mark ?? with a 460.

Anyway, Once I get the engine and tranny out, what to do with the rest of the car?

Use them for target practice?

Part them out when I get the time? Is there a market for these parts?

Add them to my collection of rusting heaps behind the shop?

Feel free to add options and I'll add them to the list.

Forgive me, it's lunch time and I'm trying to entertain myself :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Take them to your local scrap yard, there should be enough steel in them to build 46 toyotas.

I bought a 71 lincoln a few years ago. Deal of the century...lol I got a good running 460 and c-6 trans. My dad used the tires and rims on his trailer....Paid $100.00 Scraped the rest and got $85.00 for it...lol So, I got a 460 for $15.00 :wink:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SillyBoyTroy said:
Take them to your local scrap yard, there should be enough steel in them to build 46 toyotas.

I bought a 71 lincoln a few years ago. Deal of the century...lol I got a good running 460 and c-6 trans. My dad used the tires and rims on his trailer....Paid $100.00 Scraped the rest and got $85.00 for it...lol So, I got a 460 for $15.00 :wink:
Good Idea! I'll have to call the local scrap yard.........

Well crap I can't edit the poll to add more options :? :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

D

·
0 Posts
You could have a shootin' contest? Invite 40-50 of your closest Drinkin' and Shootin' buddies over, Drink a Beer, Empty a clip, repeat, last one left standin' gets the scrap money from the car...........LOL

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here is a good money idea, I have seen it work. Wait for a big race or some sort of festival, anything that draws a lot of people. Remove ALL the glass from the car. Haul it to the gathering along with a HUGE sledge hammer. Charge $1.00 a swing. You would be surprized how much $$$$ that will make ya. THEN haul it off for the scrap price. Double $$ that way. :wink:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
merc460 said:
Here is a good money idea, I have seen it work. Wait for a big race or some sort of festival, anything that draws a lot of people. Remove ALL the glass from the car. Haul it to the gathering along with a HUGE sledge hammer. Charge $1.00 a swing. You would be surprized how much $$$$ that will make ya. THEN haul it off for the scrap price. Double $$ that way. :wink:
An Even Better idea :eek:

Wayne I like your signature :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Depends

How rusty are they? How are the interiors? There is a market for the parts to some extent, and if the electronics work, there is a market for those as well. Check online, I believe there are a couple Lincoln based sites and clubs.. (I always wanted one to put my drivetrain in and go make some $$ here and there, but it woudl have to be in good enough shape to get inspected)

They may have the 9 3/8" rear ends in them..

Jim

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Let me know about the car shootin...i'll load up and start drivin..if you got somethin i'll shoot it.........lol....anything goes good with drinking....lol....no good stories start out with "Well we were sipping some warm milk when......................

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
you southern boys really got to come up north, lol! AFTER we shoot them up we haul them out on the ice and make bets all winter as to when the ice melts. closests to the exact day, hour and minute it falls through wins the pot. bob in minnesota.

·
Registered
276 Posts
zephyrbob said:
you southern boys really got to come up north, lol! AFTER we shoot them up we haul them out on the ice and make bets all winter as to when the ice melts. closests to the exact day, hour and minute it falls through wins the pot. bob in minnesota.
Sounds like that process requires A LOT of beer! :lol:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man you guys are Hillarious :lol: :lol:
Some GREAT ideas.

BTW I'd say it wold house 15 Mexicans (The Continental)

Jim,

I'll have to check, haven't been to his 'Farm' in quite a while, but I believe both Lincolns are in pretty good shape. Not sure if they have titles, if I had to guess I'd say that they DON'T have titles.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Is the big one a 4 door hardtop with the rear suicide doors? I want one bad. But I don't think the wife wants one as bad as I do! This is why I need a shop..... Out of sight, out of mind.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts