1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From this:

To this:

Clearance to power booster:

Here's why it only ran low 15's with the 5.0L. Nice mismatch.

This is just the first mockup. I hace since monkeyed with the position a bit more for steering box vs. oil filter mount clearance.

Man does it make that 302 look tiny or what? :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Man,that sure is a great looking distributor....[I am the guy you brought it from]....

That loks like quite a job...I have a Ranger that I have did the 5.0 swap to, and I know what a pain it was...

I am getting ready to spray the 5.0 in my truck...with a 250 shot...guess I will find out what is the weakest link....

I wish now that I would have done the 460 swap, but, I won't start over. That is why I am going to gas the 5.0...

Keep posting the pics...they are great.

Steve

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, great looking distributor! Heh heh.

I like the 5.0L in there, it was just a basic '86 HO spec motor and i was running a 88 truck computer. It was to fun drive.

Before the BB idea came up I was planning a turbo mopar small block. I basically had all the parts to build that motor and the turbo, etc. etc., but then our local drag strip closed. So I decided that power adders were out since the closest track was now 100 miles one way. I wanted to build a big reliable powerful motor so I could motor down, make some passes and then motor home without fear of scattering chunks. It's one thing to blow it up 10 miles from your house and a WHOLE nuther one to do it 10x that distance.

More pics will follow as progress continues.

-James

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That truck is gonna be so cool. It looks great and I can't wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today's job: making that ugly mess of wires look better. The loom used to drap across the front of the engine, and I hated it , so I decided to relocate it to the firewall like it should have been done in the first place. The mess that is still hanging down will be resized and loomed to fit once the motra & tranny is in.

:D

Aslo pulled out the plastic inner fender so I can see what needs to happen with exhaust better. Looks like if I go with custom fenderwell headers, it'll make the rest of the exhaust system super simple on each side. It would be pretty much a straight shot to the dumps on each side, plus I can actually keep both stock gas tanks..... I might need them. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts