460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where have I seen that car before? Fox t-bird cougar forums? I really like the hood. Did you cut the center and raise it or is it glass? Thats the only bird ive seen before this site with a big block.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I got this old Tbird:D
It's got a 514 in it

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Alan,

That 83 sure looks good!! What size tire do you have on the back of your 83? Did you have to modify wheel well to fit?

Bill

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Never have ran this car on gas. So I can't tell you:confused:It's got a Quick Fuel A;ky 1050 Dominator on it .

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Alan,

That 83 sure looks good!! What size tire do you have on the back of your 83? Did you have to modify wheel well to fit?

Bill
Bill:
Thanks. Those tires are 325-50-15 BFG DR. It has Fox Stang axles with a small 1/4 spacer. The draglites are 9 in wide with a 5.5 backspacing. No fenderwell mods except for rolling the inside lip.

Here are some pics of my custom Center Line Auto Drags (15 X 10 with 6.25 Bs.) Also, 325 BFG DR....also, no fenderwell mods except lip rolling. Can't wait to get my 512 in it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
T-Bird's

I have a 79, like new inside, outside nice, 5k miles. One prob., has a 351W. It's eat-up with emission control problem's and can't get any Help ?? Plan to go to 429 or 460 after my next hospital stay. Sure would like to be able to drive it as is for awhile.
It run's smooth & sound's pretty good but you put it in gear (drive or rev.) and it stalls out. Driving me nut's!!!!! JimD.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1976 T-bird, original 460/C6 with 56,800 miles. Last of the big 'Birds, sister of the Lincoln Mark IV. This is how it looks now. By the end of next summer all the bodywork should be done with new paint, and the original dark vinyl roof colour back. I'd like to run AR Outlaws, the Centerline look for less.

See my thread in Engine Tech about the build. I need to clean it up a bit for this season and take more pics.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts