460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the biggest intake and exhuast valves i can fit in the TFS streets?
they are 2.20 int. and 1.76 exh. in there now. if i can go 2.25 on the intake do i have to change the seats? i would like to go 2.30 or 2.35 onintake and 1.82 exh.

thanks

·
8,523 Posts
I do not know how big you can go....but...2.250"/1.76" does work well ...w/o replacing the seats.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
what is the biggest intake and exhuast valves i can fit in the TFS streets?
they are 2.20 int. and 1.76 exh. in there now. if i can go 2.25 on the intake do i have to change the seats? i would like to go 2.30 or 2.35 onintake and 1.82 exh.

thanks
You ain't going to make them into A-heads installing those valves. ;)

:D

Dave

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well the TFS seat i beleive are 2.30 and 1.80. If clipping wasnt a concern then a propper valve job i would think wouldnt be possible, no room for 60 degree cut. You would need a big bore so you could do alot of unshrounding to make a real differance. But i dont think you can run bigger then 2.25 and 1.76 without moving one of the guides angle . I have some TFS streets that best port flowed in the 380s with a 2.20 valve at only 700 lift. I would think 390 cfm @ 750 lift with a 2.25 is doable. Heads arent milled either which should help if done also. Could put a bigger seat on intake and downsize the exhaust is the only way i see it doable, alot of work for maybe a little hp?, dont know.,, Goodluck.., ED

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
On "out of the box" TFS heads I have used 2.300" intake and 1.770" exhaust diameter valves successfully however, the engine they were slated for had a rather small overlap camshaft.
I don't remember the clearance on those but, as long as there are .045" between the valves on the seats, a big cam can be used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts