460 Ford Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
New bike here too.

2017 Beta 125 RR-S (made in Italy). 219 pounds. 50 state street legal, but the only "street" riding it's going to see is connecting trails. It's crazy fun. More like a mountain bike with a motor than a motorcycle.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
New bike here too.

2017 Beta 125 RR-S (made in Italy). 219 pounds. 50 state street legal, but the only "street" riding it's going to see is connecting trails. It's crazy fun. More like a mountain bike with a motor than a motorcycle.

I'm not sure how Carl but you always come up with toys I've never even heard of. I had to go look that one up. Looks really fun! And you are in a great part of the country for one of those. Price looks reasonable too compared to some of the Asian bikes. Good score!

For those of you who don't know like me here is a link to what Carl got from Cycle News:
2017 Beta 125 rr-s

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
NEXT THING YA KNOW THEY WILL LET CHEVYS IN

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
It's Chilly's Garage man!! "A Place For Non-460 Banter"

Would you like me to send you a picture of my Corvette? :grin:
cool new dart board cover, lolololololol

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
How do they do it??

OK... So this is just amazing to me. My new 2017 BMW S1000RR has a 999 cc motor. This equates to 60.96 cubic inches. The motor produces 199 horse power. This means the motor produces 3.26 horsepower per cubic inch!! I can see getting this kind of power out of a forced induction motor but to do this with a normally aspirated motor is just astounding to me. Also the motors compression ratio is 13:1. How the heck are they making that kind of power with that kind of compression on 93 octane gas?

·
Registered
281 Posts
OK... So this is just amazing to me. My new 2017 BMW S1000RR has a 999 cc motor. This equates to 60.96 cubic inches. the motor produces 199 horse power. This means the motor produces 3.26 horsepower per cubic inch!! I can see getting this kind of power out of a forced induction motor but to do this with a normally aspirated motor is just astounding to me. Also the motors compression ratio is 13:1. How the heck are they making that kind of power with that kind of compression on 93 octane gas?
All that and then they stuff it in a lightweight chassis and look out.

I'm going to be in New York and New Jersey in two weeks. If I had some spare time I would have to come across and test it myself just to make sure it's as good as you say. >:)>:)

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
OK... So this is just amazing to me. My new 2017 BMW S1000RR has a 999 cc motor. This equates to 60.96 cubic inches. the motor produces 199 horse power. This means the motor produces 3.26 horsepower per cubic inch!! I can see getting this kind of power out of a forced induction motor but to do this with a normally aspirated motor is just astounding to me. Also the motors compression ratio is 13:1. How the heck are they making that kind of power with that kind of compression on 93 octane gas?
Long story short....everything is smaller and lighter. Less friction, more efficient burn. 4-valve per cyl means smaller lighter valves with better flow characteristics. You've got 15.25 cubic inches per cylinder. build that out to 30 cylinders, and you'll have yourself the most bad-*** 460 anyone has ever seen. Hell, put four of those engines together, and you'll have a 16 cylinder that makes more power than just about any pump gas 460 with half the displacement. The W16 is about the closest I can think of, but it's still too big. I'd love to win the power-ball and build weird stuff like that.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
All that and then they stuff it in a lightweight chassis and look out.

I'm going to be in New York and New Jersey in two weeks. If I had some spare time I would have to come across and test it myself just to make sure it's as good as you say. >:)>:)

OOOHHHHH Man.... IT'S GOOD!!

Long story short....everything is smaller and lighter. Less friction, more efficient burn. 4-valve per cyl means smaller lighter valves with better flow characteristics. You've got 15.25 cubic inches per cylinder. build that out to 30 cylinders, and you'll have yourself the most bad-*** 460 anyone has ever seen. Hell, put four of those engines together, and you'll have a 16 cylinder that makes more power than just about any pump gas 460 with half the displacement. The W16 is about the closest I can think of, but it's still too big. I'd love to win the power-ball and build weird stuff like that.
That all makes sense. But I still have trouble wrapping my mind around 50 horse power out of 15.25 cubic inches with no Nitrous, supercharger or turbo. The crazy part is that this motor still isn't maxed out at the 199 HP level. Not even close. Put a free flowing exhaust on it (it has a choked off system with a catalytic converter) and have a flash tune put in it by somebody like Bren Tuning and you can easily be up around 225 HP. More if you want to run race gas... I'm going to put an exhaust system on it just for the sound. I'm never ever going to be able to use all it has to give. It's just F'ing nuts to ride now!!

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I finally have a good amount of seat time on this thing. I can't wait to get it out to the drag strip next year. If I can make it get off the line it should run about 6.30 seconds through the 1/8 mile. However with my big a$$ on it maybe closer to 6.50 seconds. I'm about 265 pounds. ...and no. I'm not fat. Just kind of tall.

This is not me.... But this is a top speed video of a 2016 BMW S1000RR

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I finally have a good amount of seat time on this thing. I can't wait to get it out to the drag strip next year. If I can make it get off the line it should run about 6.30 seconds through the 1/8 mile. However with my big a$$ on it maybe closer to 6.50 seconds. I'm about 265 pounds. ...and no. I'm not fat. Just kind of tall.

This is not me.... But this is a top speed video of a 2016 BMW S1000RR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHTAD3Ze60
Wow! Now we're talk'n!

Did you know they allow bikes at most of the standing mile events?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Took a little trip to the southwestern part of the state this fall. Had a great time riding a bunch of 4x4 trails I was never able to do in my Scout. Tons of old ghost towns and mine sights up there. A little late in the season, so there was already a fair amount of snow up high.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Took a little trip to the southwestern part of the state this fall. Had a great time riding a bunch of 4x4 trails I was never able to do in my Scout. Tons of old ghost towns and mine sights up there. A little late in the season, so there was already a fair amount of snow up high.
Dang Carl... Why did you have to go and do that? Now I need a trail bike!! And I have to move!!

And on a serious note. WOW!! That sure is some beautiful country. You could get lost out there. Out west sure is different that Indiana....yawn.

Wow! Now we're talk'n!

Did you know they allow bikes at most of the standing mile events?
I do know this....and frankly I'm not sure I have the balls for it.

1/8th & 1/4 I could do. But a full mile?? I'm not sure about that.

This bike bone stock is absolutely LUDICROUS!! The performance numbers for it being bone stock are 0-60 mph is 2.6 seconds. 1/4 mile time is supposed to be 9.65 seconds at over 150 mph. You also really can't compare the 1/4 mile time to a car because the 60 ft. time will be much slower than a car.

With all of that being said I plan on putting an Wow! Now we're talk'n! Did you know they allow bikes at most of the standing mile events? .[/quote]"]Akrapovic full exhaust on it and then flash it with a Wow! Now we're talk'n! Did you know they allow bikes at most of the standing mile events? .[/quote]"]Bren tune purely for the sound. Right now it sounds like a Honda Civic when it idles.

When those two things are done it will be a 200++ mph bike and be laying down right around 200 rwhp.

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Beautiful day here in southern Indiana so I took the S1000RR out for a ride.

DAMN this thing is fast!! Z06? What Z06? Dodge Hellcat? More like Dodge Pussycat... I don't need full throttle for any of them. It is like the bike doesn't even have to try. It's ridiculous speed squared.

And did I mention it red lines at 14,500 RPM? The music it makes is phenomenal!!

I'm not sure this thing should be street legal. The speed is utterly mind numbing. It is physically hard to hold on when you really kick it. It's borderline terrifying.......so PERFECT!!

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My current "daily usage" lineup.

1) 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2) 2005 Husaberg FE650E
3) 1999 KTM 640E
4) 2003 KTM 450EXC
WOW! Very nice. You and Carl are killing me with the dirt bikes. I need one of those too but I'm starting to run out of garage space. My last dirt bike was a 1970 something Suzuki 175. I had a lot of fun on that thing and only 1 major catastrophe. And that one HURT!! Good thing I was 18 and I bounced back quickly.

Nice rides!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts