460 Ford Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
WOW! Very nice. You and Carl are killing me with the dirt bikes. I need one of those too but I'm starting to run out of garage space. My last dirt bike was a 1970 something Suzuki 175. I had a lot of fun on that thing and only 1 major catastrophe. And that one HURT!! Good thing I was 18 and I bounced back quickly.

Nice rides!
Thanks man!

I've never swung a leg over one of those Beemers you're riding but from what I've heard and read, they're off the hook! Takes some real cojones to use everything one of those things have.
Sweet bike!

You should get another dirt bike. I started on dirt when I was 4 back in 1970 on a Tecumseh 3.5 horsepower mini bike and have had some form of motorized 2 wheel entertainment ever since.
I'm a dirt biker at heart but pretty much like all bikes. :)
I really have a love of '70s and '80s bikes. Some I have not previously mentioned that are in my garage as well are: 1980 Honda CB750F--my dad bought it new--, 1981 Honda XL500S, 1984 Honda XL600R and a 1984 Yamaha TT600L. "Hello. My name is Bruce and I'm a motorcycle addct." lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks man!

I've never swung a leg over one of those Beemers you're riding but from what I've heard and read, they're off the hook! Takes some real cojones to use everything one of those things have.
Sweet bike!

You should get another dirt bike. I started on dirt when I was 4 back in 1970 on a Tecumseh 3.5 horsepower mini bike and have had some form of motorized 2 wheel entertainment ever since.
I'm a dirt biker at heart but pretty much like all bikes. :)
I really have a love of '70s and '80s bikes. Some I have not previously mentioned that are in my garage as well are: 1980 Honda CB750F--my dad bought it new--, 1981 Honda XL500S, 1984 Honda XL600R and a 1984 Yamaha TT600L. "Hello. My name is Bruce and I'm a motorcycle addct." lol.
Sounds like you need a bigger garage too!

What country do those KTM bikes come from? Are they decent? I've seen them around before but always assumed it was one of those Chinese brands like they sell at Pep-Boys for 1/7th the cost of a Suzuki, Honda or Kawasaki. I'm sure I'm wrong about that but I just don't know. I don't remember them when I was growing up in the 70's.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Sounds like you need a bigger garage too!

What country do those KTM bikes come from? Are they decent? I've seen them around before but always assumed it was one of those Chinese brands like they sell at Pep-Boys for 1/7th the cost of a Suzuki, Honda or Kawasaki. I'm sure I'm wrong about that but I just don't know. I don't remember them when I was growing up in the 70's.
KTM are made in Austria, and are one of the premier brands for just about any category. A solid step above Japanese bikes in most cases.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It has been a while since I've been on this site, so before I start posting 460 stuff, I'll throw this out there.... this is my 2011 Kawasaki C14.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's my son with his Beamer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,560 Posts
Not mine, but if anyone is interested I've been asked to sell these bikes for the original owner who once had a family-run British motorcycle shop.

Foreground: 1974 Norton 850 Commando, 0 owners, 0 miles, gas has never been in the tank & oil as never been in the engine since landing on U.S. soil from England. $50,000
Middle: 1937 Triumph Speed Twin, this is the 1937 Speed Twin prototype that was displayed at the shows (Speed Twin models were produced starting with the 1938 model), 10 pushed miles on the odometer, $149,000.
Back: 1938 Norton 500 Single, fully restored to as-new condition. $75,000

Me: I got nuthin', just a 50cc Honda MB5...which is now 62ccs.

Carl, it looks like you're having a great time trail riding.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Had a nice weekend out in western Colorado / eastern Utah in the North Fruita Desert and Rabbit Valley.

Getting there was a challenge....

You gotta quit posting this stuff Carl! You're killing me! Indiana is LAME except on Memorial day weekend! Beautiful country out west! I was in Tucson this week but I sure wouldn't want to live there... Looks like Mars except with cactus.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Not mine, but if anyone is interested I've been asked to sell these bikes for the original owner who once had a family-run British motorcycle shop.

Foreground: 1974 Norton 850 Commando, 0 owners, 0 miles, gas has never been in the tank & oil as never been in the engine since landing on U.S. soil from England. $50,000
Middle: 1937 Triumph Speed Twin, this is the 1937 Speed Twin prototype that was displayed at the shows (Speed Twin models were produced starting with the 1938 model), 10 pushed miles on the odometer, $149,000.
Back: 1938 Norton 500 Single, fully restored to as-new condition. $75,000

Me: I got nuthin', just a 50cc Honda MB5...which is now 62ccs.

Carl, it looks like you're having a great time trail riding.
I need more money & a bigger car barn... Those are unbelievable bikes!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Finally got out to test my Camper-van-Bronco setup this weekend, and do a little riding up on the continental divide. The camper setup is still a work in progress, wanted to try it out before going any further with it. It's a little cramped in there, but better than sleeping on the ground.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Finally got out to test my Camper-van-Bronco setup this weekend, and do a little riding up on the continental divide. The camper setup is still a work in progress, wanted to try it out before going any further with it. It's a little cramped in there, but better than sleeping on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVmf6FxqYI&feature=youtu.be

Not sure how I missed this post but I did. That is beautiful country you live in but I'm not sure how you are camping in a Bronco. I used to have a 79 Bronco and there would be no way my big a$$ could camp in one.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I went and looked at a 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S today for no apparent reason. Damn thing is sex on wheels. They are very proud of them however... The one I looked at had a sticker price of $21,000++. The salesman said he would give me a deal on it.....I bet he would. I'm not sure how Harley stays in business asking more for their bikes with not nearly the technology in them. I sat on the Ducati and it made my 2017 BMW S1000RR feel like a pig. The Panigale weighs less than 400 pounds. I could tell the difference immediately and I didn't even have the key in the thing. The picture below is not of the bike I saw but it is exactly what I looked at. I forgot to take a picture when I was there. I was too busy drooling...

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Not sure how I missed this post but I did. That is beautiful country you live in but I'm not sure how you are camping in a Bronco. I used to have a 79 Bronco and there would be no way my big a$$ could camp in one.
It's definitely "cozy" in the back of that thing, but it works for my 5'10" frame. I think a guy could build a bed that extends out with the seat tilted forward so somebody up to about 6'6" could fit in the there.

That Ducati does look pretty sweet, but it would almost certainly be the death of me, or the loss of my licence at the least. I lack the self control needed to ride one of those responsibly.

My latest two wheeled obsession is the Hugo-Moto conversion for Harley Sportsters. I've always wanted an American made adventure bike, and this is about as close as it gets.

https://hugomoto.com/

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's definitely "cozy" in the back of that thing, but it works for my 5'10" frame. I think a guy could build a bed that extends out with the seat tilted forward so somebody up to about 6'6" could fit in the there.

That Ducati does look pretty sweet, but it would almost certainly be the death of me, or the loss of my licence at the least. I lack the self control needed to ride one of those responsibly.

My latest two wheeled obsession is the Hugo-Moto conversion for Harley Sportsters. I've always wanted an American made adventure bike, and this is about as close as it gets.

https://hugomoto.com/

Carl, have you seen the new adventure bike Harley's coming out with?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts