460 Ford Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Carl, have you seen the new adventure bike Harley's coming out with?
yeah, it seems to be aimed more at the BMW/Starbucks big bike crowd, which isn't really my thing. The Hugo-Moto seems to be smaller, lighter, and more capable off-road, which is important to me. Being able to pick it up by myself after dumping it is also important. I've come across more than one guy who needed help picking up his bike to get going again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 97 dr650I live in Flagstaff Az.It did have a 100mm piston I put a 110mm piston in it.It come as a kit from Procycle.us I put on Keihin FCR-MX pumper carb and a custom rear shock.Bike runs good,lots of torque
"The 790cc Big Bore Kit includes a custom made, forged 9.5:1 piston with rings, wrist pin and circlips. A custom made multi-layer steel head gasket, OEM metal base gasket, tensioner gasket, and cam bolt lock plate and a ProCycle specific big bore cylinder sleeve."

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I have a 97 dr650I live in Flagstaff Az.It did have a 100mm piston I put a 110mm piston in it.It come as a kit from Procycle.us I put on Keihin FCR-MX pumper carb and a custom rear shock.Bike runs good,lots of torque
I thought it sounded like a Suzuki. I used to have a DR350. The 650's good all around performers, and incredibly durable.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
It's definitely "cozy" in the back of that thing, but it works for my 5'10" frame. I think a guy could build a bed that extends out with the seat tilted forward so somebody up to about 6'6" could fit in the there.

That Ducati does look pretty sweet, but it would almost certainly be the death of me, or the loss of my licence at the least. I lack the self control needed to ride one of those responsibly.

My latest two wheeled obsession is the Hugo-Moto conversion for Harley Sportsters. I've always wanted an American made adventure bike, and this is about as close as it gets.

https://hugomoto.com/

I LOVE this. I'm going to have to start looking for an older Sportster with an Evolution motor. Sort of looks like an old 1070's dirt bike....kind of. I really like the look and I really like the smallish Harley. This is a perfect reason to have a smallish Harley. Many people told me I looked way to big for the Roadster I had as a street bike but nobody will notice with this. Sweet.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
this was my last bike I had. in this picture I had just stretched 6 inches to help keep the front wheel down. I had a guy hit me on it so I don't have it any more. I was in icu asleep for 14 days and in the hospital for 46 days.

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
this was my last bike I had. in this picture I had just stretched 6 inches to help keep the front wheel down. I had a guy hit me on it so I don't have it any more. I was in icu asleep for 14 days and in the hospital for 46 days.
View attachment 91229
Good lord man... That's terrible. Those Busa's are a handful! Glad you "woke up". I'm sure you are to!

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I had a brand new 2018 Suzuki DR-Z 400 follow me home from the showroom floor. ....yes I know it's 2020 but I got a deal on it or so I think. I've never had more fun with only 30 horse power in my life. I think this might be all your fault Carl with all of those Rocky Mountain post card pictures you've posted in the past.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts