460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scat billet crankshaft. Light wt. Pro Comp, 4.50 stroke, Aero counter weights, all throws are lightened, .140 radius on 2.200 pins and3.00 mains, scalloped flywheel flange, short snout. Has 12 passes on it. In great shape. $1500.00 FIRM, cost $2400.00 new. Owner wants more stroke. Buyer pays shipping.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the crank balanced for aluminum or steel rods and how much to ship to 33952
Crank was balanced for BME 426 alum. rods. It has 1 mallory slug in front counter weight, and 1 slug in the rear counter weight, then a couple of partial drillings to finish it. I will check with UPS later this after noon about shipping cost. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Crank

I have a sonny bryant 4.750 just dyno time only looking for less stroke trade?
Thanks for the reply, our customer is looking to go 5.00 on a 11.200 block. At this time I do not know what the bobweight is. I can check with the shop that balanced the crank. I do know that it has a 1% overbalance, for 8000 rpm. Thanks Joe Sr.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Crankshaft questions

Has this crank been sent out to a machine shop to check for cracks or any other problems. If so could you provide the Shop name?

Thank you,

John Carron

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has this crank been sent out to a machine shop to check for cracks or any other problems. If so could you provide the Shop name?

Thank you,

John Carron
John , no the crank has not been sent to the machine shop to be magged. We feel it has not been subjected to enough passes and abuse to warrant the procedure. We use Bailey Bros. in our area . They specialize in sprint car engines. I certainly would not object to having them mag the crank, for a prospective buyer. Thanks Joe Sr.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good Guy

Just FYI for anyone dealing with Joe, he is a standup guy. Just got a flexplate from him without any problems. It was exactly what he described and cured all my problems. It also saved me a lot of money.

Kerry

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just FYI for anyone dealing with Joe, he is a standup guy. Just got a flexplate from him without any problems. It was exactly what he described and cured all my problems. It also saved me a lot of money.

Kerry
Kerry Thanks Joe Sr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts