460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever been kicked off craigslist before? lol It has happened to me. I have bought and sold stuff on there for a couple of years now and all of a sudden my adds are deleted and when I try and get on there all it does is time out. If I try and get on from other PC.s in the house it is the same thing.
My family can get on line as can my local friends.
Can't figure out what I did that was so wrong.
Can a site like that with no log in keep you from going to their site by the IP address?
Clint

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that but still doesn't work. I even tried unplugging my router for an hour so it would get an new IP address. Unless I am missing some cookies or something somewhere I guess I will find another classifieds site to look at.
I know I spend too much time on the PC as it is but I am pretty well done in with a bad back most of the time.
Thanks for the help
Clint

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get on from my mom's house just down the road. There is no log in until you go to post an add. It has to be blocked from just my IP I guess. Can they do that? Block an IP address. Does an IP address work that way?
I fell persecuted. lol
clint

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I outsmarted them. lol Someone told me about a proxy server. I can get right on using a Proxy. I cannot post any adds but that is fine. I will use another local classifieds for that from now on. They just aren't near as big as craigslist with maybe a 3rd of the stuff on there for sell.
Thanks for the help you guys have offered. Guess if they don;t want me on their little site I won't got there. I know when I am not wanted. lol
Clint

·
Registered
157 Posts
cdeal28078 said:
I outsmarted them. lol Someone told me about a proxy server. I can get right on using a Proxy. I cannot post any adds but that is fine. I will use another local classifieds for that from now on. They just aren't near as big as craigslist with maybe a 3rd of the stuff on there for sell.
Thanks for the help you guys have offered. Guess if they don;t want me on their little site I won't got there. I know when I am not wanted. lol
Clint
Not that its important... but aren't you the least bit curious aobut "Why"?
It could be someone just got their panties in a wad and took it out on you. Might be worthwhile to clear your name before telling them to kiss off?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I am a bit MORE than curios why. I feel slighted. I feel like I have been judged without a jury.
There just isn't anyway I can figure to do anything about it. I cannot find a company head quarters or home office to complain to. I know the way the site works is self policing. If people see adds they don't think are right they flag them. Get enouge flags the add is pulled. They went farther than that though and flat out banned me.
I bought a 97 Mustang to use as a parts car to fix my daughter's 96 that she wrecked. I used all of the parts I needed and had 3 adds up trying to sell the rest of the 97.
I had an add for the rest of the car. I had an add for the engine/tranny and I had an add for parts. I think someone got mad that I had 3 adds for the same car.
I have seen some people that seem to take ownership of a certain area of the site and take it among themselves to keep flagging a certain person that they take offense with. I figure that is what happened with me.
I would love the option of talking face to face with the person.
Guess I will just find another site to spend time when my back hurts too bad to work in the shop.
Thanks for the inquiry
Clint

·
Registered
823 Posts
You didn't happen to do any crazedlist.org searched doing the whole country in one shot? They warn that Craigslist will probably block your IP if you do.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cadunkle said:
You didn't happen to do any crazedlist.org searched doing the whole country in one shot? They warn that Craigslist will probably block your IP if you do.
If I did I sure didn't realize I did it. All I was doing when I noticed I couldn't get back on was searching for a cheap telescope locally. I was going to buy me a christmas present. lol
Next time I tried to get on it timed out. Been timing out every since.
62 galxe I will try you link and see what happens. I sure appreciate all of the help
clint

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
460ford.com has come through for me again. I can suddenly get back on craigslist though I won't be placing anymore adds there.
I guess my punishment is now over. WOuld be nice to know why I was punished.
Thanks for the help
clint

·
Registered
765 Posts
Im more inclined to think it was an error, not a punishment....but who knows.
Did you have alot of posted adds flagged or something??

mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't see any of my adds flagged. I had 3 adds. one for the engine/tranny. One for the whole car and one for parts off of the car. I guess they figured it was 3 adds for the same car which I guess it was.
I didn't get anything saying to delete my add or anything like that. No notices. Just couldn't get on there one day.
I found a couple of other classifieds that I will use from no on.
Clint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts