460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video of Blakes Mustang with the "Junk" D2VE heads that no one wants :D

Jeff Hahn is on the tower side.

Blake ran a best of 6.34 at 110.86 mph @ 3000 lb with a lean miss and traction problems at the BBF Bash. 512 cubic inches with a LARGE cam, too large actually. Blake is having one of his roller cams re-ground similar to a grind that he used to run in this engine when it made more power.

Pretty darn impressive for some old junk iron heads! I'll let Blake explain what he did to make the heads work so well :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
It sounded good to. :)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Man, I'd like to see it when it's runnin' good. :shock:

Very nice though.

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEET!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure none of us have "ever" done that. :shock:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
What's that sound??

What's that sound when Blake is at about half track? It sounds like a dump truck with a hole in the muffler. No....wait a minute....that was my car. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeff,

I got you beat. My first reaction time was 4.3 seconds :!: I pre-staged and staged at the same time (not intending too). So I then brought the rpm's up, checked the gages and let her fly :shock:

Didn't you have some issues with the tranny shifting at a really low rpm? If it makes you feel any better, my friend Mike kept talking about how well he liked your car :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
David,

Thanks, I have a set of 5 " Flow Masters on it , and 18" turn outs.
Everyone told me the Flow's cost power, so I scored a set big enough I thought wouldn't hurt :lol:

Doug,

I did the cardinal sin, over cammed the engine......... :oops: It only has about a 600 rpm torque curve. Reminds you of a 2 stroke dirt bike.... It starts to make power around 6000 and the heads lay over at 6600. I lost about 5 mph from when I last ran this engine in a 3400 lb car. I hate to admit it, but I pulled 15 degree's at .050 out of it ..

I put in this cam in preperation for Charlies rubbed on TFS Streets, and thought it might get me buy until I got the new car sorted out..... But now I have another engine to put the Sreets on so I am changing the cam back in the cast head engine.

Sorry so long,

Blake

Ps thanks for the post Damon

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Actually,

Actually, I did that on purpose on every run. :lol: My wife and daughters installed my front suspension and brakes. And then they did a front end alignment with a tape measure and a stick. :shock: I'm not making this up. I didn't have time to get an alignment, so I was just trying to stay away from everybody. :lol: :lol: I had never driven this car except in my gravel driveway, and the first car I lined up against was PatFromJersey. I could just imagine myself making a right turn into his driver side door. :cry:

And yes, I haven't been on a track in 15 years, so I left it in drive, and the car was shifting at 4200. :oops: My Little Pony (see previous thread about car color) has a pink stripe on the transmission modulator, so you can make up all the jokes you want. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Where's my tiny screwdriver and that half inch wrench??

I'm gonna do some more test and tune to see what this junkyard dog will do. I'll keep y'all posted unless I'm too embarrassed. :oops: :lol:

But, I got a cool T-shirt, and the 460 in my truck carried me 1500 miles over the river and through the woods without breaking a sweat. :D

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thanks Jeff .

What combo are you running? Or do I need to ask the wife and daughter :lol:

Blake

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
just imagine..

Just imagine if you were building a motor for an F250. Stock block, stock crank, SIR rods, H535 Hyperyoucrackedits, D3 heads ported by a drunk, a Torker II intake and too much cam. :shock: :lol: C6 trans and a 3.70:1 gear. I used BBBob's Kframe spacers and D-D mounts and got it under a stock hood, but the first time I nailed it, my air cleaner wingnut put a couple of dimples in my new paint job. :?

uuuhhh my wife's new paint job.

More test n tune to come. If it doesn't pick up, I'll let Ellen figure out what is wrong with it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It MUST be in the suspension, because it CAN'T be my 250 HP RACE motor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, my wife actually had a good time at the Bash. Y'all should all consider bringing y'all's .

Next year, the motor in this Mustang will be in CodeBlueRacing's F250 and Adney promised to hook me up with a stroker kit if I reminded him that I was the really slow guy pitted between his Goat and Rob's 67.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Re: Actually,

cletus66 said:
And yes, I haven't been on a track in 15 years, so I left it in drive, and the car was shifting at 4200. :oops: My Little Pony (see previous thread about car color) has a pink stripe on the transmission modulator, so you can make up all the jokes you want. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Where's my tiny screwdriver and that half inch wrench??

As far as the name of your car, if your wife or daughter named it, I understand. :wink:

I won't go into what my wife named my truck, and hand painted it on both doors. But I told her that she could name the truck anything she wanted and paint it on the truck, for being so good about the money I was spending, it was a bad Miss Take. :roll:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Damon, look at my quote you have in your post, the name is the last two words, I was floored when I walked outside and seen what she had painted on the doors, knowing I was going to eat some crap from the local guys, I ask her why, she said she (the truck) takes all our extra money.
So being it is an ugly truck anyway, and she is a wonderful girl to stay with a poor boy like me, I left it.
I have no way of posting pics, here is a video promo. a local company did on my truck, I wasn't hooking good that day, but you get the picture.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4056258986467549812&pr=goog-sl

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts