460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to run a Tunnel Ram intake mainly for the Wow factor. I may have fitment issues on my truck project, so I was concidering the Blue Thunder 2x4 intake. Has anyone ran this intake and if so how do you like it? My build is a 532, 6.8 rod, Ross pistons 11:1, Blue Thunder B heads 80cc, cam not chosen at this time. I will also be running a 5 speed. Any suggestions for the 2x4 setup and cam combo would be appreciated guy's. I also want to go with a roller cam. This truck will mainly be a street ride. I see BT offers two 8V manifolds, one with CJ boss ports, which one is better suited for the BT B heads? Thanks to all. Dan

http://mysite.verizon.net/danbfl/danos56f100prostreetproject/

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Which heads...?

Well, none of the BT intakes will work nearly as well as a Weiand tunnel ram but, the #IM-429-8V is for a D0VE size port and the #IM-429CJ-8V is for a CobraJet size port which the regular Blue Thunder heads are.
What "B" head are you talking about...'cause there are NO letter B's in all the Blue Thunder head part numbers for a 385 engine except for the THOR head which uses a different intake altogether...!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BT heads with the Chevy exhuast pattern. I always thought these were refered to as the B heads?

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Use the Cobra-Jet size port manifold with those heads if you need a lower profile intake than the Weiand tunnel ram.
Not even near the same power though...with any camshaft.
I'd prefer to use the Lunati #51607 roller cam or the, (too pricey for me), FRPP 514 Crate motor roller cam sold only with the Crane lifters as a kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.