460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote from Billy Glidden

Hello folks, I had written a few days ago, that Dad may be at the race in Vegas? Well it looks like he will be coming out, and in fact racing the grand am of Kenny Perry. This has been made possible by the work and efforts of people behind the scenes, which no doubt include Mel, and a few sponsors. It actually does not pay Dad for time, just to get him there, so obviously he is excited about racing once again! Anyone who wants to see this old mad dog shoe one down the track again, had better get out there, because lord knows when the stars alighn again to make this happen! Thanks, BG
This will be at the PSCA Super Nationals in Las Vegas Nov 20th-23rd. The last time Bob Drove was 2006 in Bradenton. He drove Kenny Perry's Ford powered Grand Am to win the 10.5 Outlaw class. He beat Billy Glidden in the semi's. It will be great to see the two of them racing together again!!! Billy will be driving the 2006 Pontiac GTO with the small block Ford in it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good Stuff thanks. I hope Ford gets back into pro-stock pretty soon and I think Bob and Billy have shown they can make a Ford run!

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Wolf has mandated that Ford WILL have a new Pro-Stock cylinder head in the near future.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
They going to release the C head for Prostock use?? Nothing like jumping in with a 100 point defecit

·
Registered
708 Posts
kim said:
They going to release the C head for Prostock use?? Nothing like jumping in with a 100 point defecit

Hope not....replacing the E head, so I hear...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He can't keep the small clutch he has in it. It keeps taring it up so he went back to the small block for now. He change it the night before Shakedown at Etown in the pits.

·
Registered
508 Posts
man im pissed i missed the shakedown at e town.
7DMACH1 said:
He can't keep the small clutch he has in it. It keeps taring it up so he went back to the small block for now. He change it the night before Shakedown at Etown in the pits.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Good luck to the Gliddens!!! I'm glad to hear Bob's getting back in a ride :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
This year at the US natianals ford had a meeting with all the ford sportman racers in the pit of bob taska pit it was neat we got to eat with team force and taska,jim cunningham.and the ford racing staff.
Brian said if the right deal was to come about ford would get back in prostock but nonething in the works right now.he said they were improving the e-head not getting rid of it

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
I think you guys are a little behind the present times as FRPP has tentatively contracted Darin Morgan to design a "clean sheet of paper" Pro-Stock cylinder head.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Thats good to hear Randy. In all seriousness,Why is it so hard to get NHRA to approve a cylinder head for Fords to be competitive with :?:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Because the competition knows whats in store if they do... :wink: Not trying to funny, but that's what I feel is the problem, you put competetive power under the hood of a car like Cunningham's, (a car that even The Professor Warren Johnson said himself would be tough to beat with a good power plant) and the competition is gonna cry a river...

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't know why they'd be worried - a few tears and NHRA would make it right. Here's a few things I remember...Grumpy's Vega being allowed to run in 1972 when he ignored most of the rules building it, subsequent weight breaks in the 70's, altered bodies when the Baretta's couldn't accommodate big enough wheel tubs, and the Fordization of the GM motors - symetrical ports, 4.90 bore spacing, front mounted distributors and Hemi heads etc, and the banning of the Boss 429 in the top 5 NHRA classes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts