460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Block has been hot vatted and boiled, shot peened, bored 60 over. Has very small blemish in bottem of one cylinder. Block has been stored for 20 years. numbers on block are: 429 HP C9AEX5 6015-A

I will consider best offer over $7,500.00 Block is located in central Arkansas, Cash or Cashier's check only.

·
Registered
9 Posts
boss 429 block for sale

I just purchased one this week. Would you consider anything for trade for your block. I have some stuff, maybe I might have something you need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy grail?

Well, it has never been repaired, it is 1 out of 1300 engines, once in a blue moon one shows up on ebay that usally looks like it's been in a war, in the 5,000 range. I suppose a person could buy one of those and spend a lot of time and money on it. Let's face it there is only one 69 boss mustang, if a person has one with the right engine , right condition, you're looking at a $200,000 and up car.

If I don't sell it ,I can store it another 20 years and let my kids sell it.

D

·
0 Posts
Barret Jackson Collector value...........

A460 Block About $2000.

IDT Eliminator $2500.

Factory Boss.........Priceless...... in some peoples mind :lol:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re: Holy grail?

folkartist1950 said:
Well, it has never been repaired, it is 1 out of 1300 engines, once in a blue moon one shows up on ebay that usally looks like it's been in a war, in the 5,000 range. I suppose a person could buy one of those and spend a lot of time and money on it. Let's face it there is only one 69 boss mustang, if a person has one with the right engine , right condition, you're looking at a $200,000 and up car.

Ok, thanks. I don't subscribe to that notion to me a car is a car etc...

dfree383 said:
Factory Boss.........Priceless...... in some peoples mind :lol:
Agreed 100%

Good luck selling it

·
Registered
9 Posts
boss 429 block

On the back of the block drivers side near the top, is there a number stamped there. ex: 9FXXXXXX or 0FXXXXXX. Also the date code in the lifter valley area ex: 9C12 or ???. Just curious about this. It might help you or me or someone else. I DO have interest in the block. Thanks...

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
WOW I guess I need to concider selling my 429 Boss for that kind of money just for the block I can make a killing :shock:

Damn with those kind of prices I can build a pro car if I can find some Smuck to give that much money for it and it is .060 over already mine is still std clean up with hone or at .030 so is mine worth $10,000??? then what are the heads and all the other parts worth??? maybe $50,000?

Randy

·
Registered
928 Posts
Re: Holy grail?

folkartist1950 said:
Well, it has never been repaired, it is 1 out of 1300 engines,

WRONG, there was almost 1300 cars with that engine installed and sold from the factory, there was many more of those engines sold as race only engines over the counter and never installed in a car from the factory.

think the storing for another 20 yrs is a great idea by then the scrap metal prices should be high enough to get the $7500 out of it. Last time I saw one sell on ebay the guy didn't get it sold after 9 tries because he had let me recall oh yeah a $5000 reserve on a clean disassembled std bore untouched but crack checked boss block max bid he saw was $2500. Last boss 9 I saw complete on ebay was min asking price of $10,000 and I do believe the entire running engine sold for around $15,000 with all acceries and transmission.

Hey you might try ebay though, or were you the guy trying to sell it I just mentioned? Heck maybe the guy that is on there now trying to get $1200 for a boss 9 hood scoop HAHAHAHAHA

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Aaaa yes I can prove I have a 429 Boss if you do some looking on here I have shown many of the parts for referance between the parts....and yes it has a HP on the front of the block. maybe this is proof enough :shock:

Randy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
block for sale

:D Ok I have a boss 429 block I will sell, if no one wants to buy it, then I can leave you guys to banter your vast knowledge back and forth.

·
Registered
170 Posts
boss 429 block

the HP429 block is the most correct block for 69 and most early 70 boss 429 cars.if you have the wrong block in a nicely restored car,the value of that car would be negatively affected by that.MOST PEOPLE on this sites intrest in 385 engines for performance and not restoring a high end muscle car.THAT BLOCK COULD BE WORTH MORE THAN $7500 TO THE RIGHT BUYER!!!!!!!!!and if you think that is high priced,check this boss parts link.i did see once that they had an nos battery FOR $24,000.00 LISTED!
http://www.bossperformance.com/parts.asp

in addition,itis my understanding that the front bulkhead on the HP429 blocks castings were destroyed before the production run ended,thus they went to the A bulkhead and 460 race blocks.also,i have 3 of the hp blocks and i would not sell any of them for that low price!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Post appreciated

:D :) Last post was very nice and appreciated, I have no intentions of trying to cheat anyone. If there is a market for this block I would like to sell it, if not, that's fine too.

Thanks for the post

·
Registered
928 Posts
I think you should hold out for 6 figures I am sure you can get it, just post it everywhere and someone will be sure and write you a check and have you cash it then give the extra money to thier shipping company and they will come pick it up to be shipped to Bolivia or that other country where they are having a huge interest in buying rare parts. :lol:

Notice the ones really thinking this is a cheap price all have single digit post counts wonder why? And both only have posts in the auction block section.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts