460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of pricing for stock rockers & push rods or what is available new anybody have an idea :?: I have a set of bare heads & valve covers& 2 blocks thinking about building them :?: :D :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
36 truck said:
What kind of pricing for stock rockers & push rods or what is available new anybody have an idea :?: I have a set of bare heads & valve covers& 2 blocks thinking about building them :?: :D :D
Stock rockers will cost you a small fortune, I sold a set 4 or 5 years ago and got $1500 if a remember right. New you have Jesel, W & W, Miller Engineering & TD. All but Miller require plugging the stock stud holes and drilling and tapping new holes, also Miller is the only design that will fit under the stock valve covers. Any of the above will cost you $1800 and up.

When I first built my first Boss engine I designed and built my own roller rockers based on Jesels design, the stands are steel and the rockers are billet 7075. They will fit under the stock valve covers.

After I really started leaning on the engine I made a new set with all of Jesels weak area's removed, these will not fit under the stock valve covers.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW that is one sweet looking set up :shock: :D How much work was it to make your own rockers? I have a good friend with cnc machine center that with a sample or plans could build them. Do you have a used pair that I
could get? Thanks Tom

·
Registered
360 Posts
36 truck said:
WOW that is one sweet looking set up :shock: :D How much work was it to make your own rockers? I have a good friend with cnc machine center that with a sample or plans could build them. Do you have a used pair that I
could get? Thanks Tom
Tom,

I do have 11 or 12 pairs of the gold anodized rockers above, that includes stands, shims, rockers & pushrods, I even have the fixtures needed for drilling and taping the new holes. I have a Hampton blower manifold too. PM if you're interested.

Rob

·
Registered
131 Posts
67stang1 said:
36 truck said:
could get? Thanks Tom
Tom,

I do have 11 or 12 pairs of the gold anodized rockers above, that includes stands, shims, rockers & pushrods, I even have the fixtures needed for drilling and taping the new holes. I have a Hampton blower manifold too. PM if you're interested.

Rob
Will those work on stock Boss 429 heads? If so,I would be interested.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
please pm me more on the manifold, deck hight etc

thanks-r

·
Registered
360 Posts
TopSportsman916 said:
Rob, did you relocate the ex rocker stands on the pedestals?
Yes I did.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Phil said:
Rob,
That is a great looking mill.

Nice work, Looks like you really take pride in your build.

Phil
Thanks Phil :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts