460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale a set of very nice boss 429 main caps ,with a set of brand new in box arp studs.500 for the caps 100 for the main studs. these caps are standard journal size and a matched set.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
to much $$$$$$ for a hot rodder or racer concidering the cheap Cat caps that it appears most are using when doing a 4 blt conversion on a Dove-A block , i mean $50.00 bucks ,,maybe worth the $$$$650.00 to guy restoring a Boss-9 mustang that had a block w/ no caps??? the No. 1 cap would be a nice addition to my Dove-A factory 4 blt block , but it would add very little strength to the bottem end at a high cost. cost vs. effectiveness, so, you may be holding them for quite a while at that price until a restorer of a boss9 needs them for a restoration.

good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the market analysis. :) I know what I have, and due to their very limited availability .I thought I may have more luck here than on other sites.:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
to much $$$$$$ for a hot rodder or racer concidering the cheap Cat caps that it appears most are using when doing a 4 blt conversion on a Dove-A block , i mean $50.00 bucks ,,maybe worth the $$$$650.00 to guy restoring a Boss-9 mustang that had a block w/ no caps??? the No. 1 cap would be a nice addition to my Dove-A factory 4 blt block , but it would add very little strength to the bottem end at a high cost. cost vs. effectiveness, so, you may be holding them for quite a while at that price until a restorer of a boss9 needs them for a restoration.

good luck
Nice diatribe. Reminds me of one of my favorite sayings. "People that don't get it, don't get that they don't get it."

I'm pretty sure the op is well aware of other aftermarket cap options. I'd be willing to bet that he is fully aware that what he has is in fact rare, and that he likely also has a firm grasp on the concept of supply and demand. I'm sure he appreciates your help though.

-Jared

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
if you don't like my posts don't read em, then you can save your fingers all that dirty little work.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Damn it moonlighter, ya beat me to it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks deluxe truck.Yeah I cant give them away. If I have to do that I'll just put em on the shelf. If you dont want em for what I have them priced for then move along thanks for looking though..:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts