460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the trouble and some final late hour thrashing we finally got the Boss done in time for Bowling Green Good Guys show. We still have some refinements but here you go.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
What an amazing car, you guys did a great job!!

Bill

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice job !!
It must be a treat to work on a Boss engine without the shock towers in the way.
I have a spare hood with a taller scoop like yours,makes me want to put it on for a while.
Great job,hope to see it in person one day

Attachments

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
All I can say is HELL YEA. and WOOOOOOOOOOOW:eek::cool:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Awesome,Bad *** i don't know what else to say nice attention to detail.Were you the guy that had the flywheel explode on the dyno?If you are how did you get another engine together so fast?

Later Mark.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Engine blow up

I've got to hand it to Bob Lathrop at Performance Unlimited in Fairfield Iowa. He really stepped up and worked some late nights to get the engine done. I highly recommend him for any work. Contact me if you need his number.

I can't thank enough my cousin (Dave Patrick) and the Hot Rod Shop he works at in Wapello Iowa. Although Metalcrafters Monmouth Ill did the fabrication and Paint and Body my cousin brought the car to the Rod Shop he works at for the final 3 days of late night assembly. Both excellent midwest shops.

We all dreamed this project up 3 years ago. It didn't go smooth but it was a great learning experience.

Of course none of this would have been possible without Jon Kaase and his vision to create these heads. Jon has helped throughout the build and never let me down.

Thanks for everything Jon.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw your car at BG in person, very very nice! Was hoping to find you and BS a little but you moved. I had the red 67 on the other side of the 66 Fairlane before you moved.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Damn,that was you that the flywheel broke on hats off to the machine shop that was quick turn around time.Is that a original 69 Boss 429 car,if it's will doing away with the shock towers hurt the value of the car?

Later Mark.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts