460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
motor

yea, whats real bad is in 1985 i bought a boss429 nascar motor from a guy in Houston for 800.00 :lol: and brought it back to south carolina in put it on show floor of the speed shop that i ran and tried for two years to sell it :p and finally sold it to a guy in columbia,s.c. for 2200.00 :( boy was i a dumie. oh well we get stupid every so offen. now for the stupid goes in the family. :cry: my brother is now a big car dealer in columbia.in1979 he bought a Carrell Shelby GT500KR convertable for 3500.0 :D and dad got on him so a year later to show him he could make money sold it for 5000.00 :idea: and woulden you know on Barrett-Jackson this Jan they sold one of 43 made for over half-million. :cry: if only we could know about the future.and life moves on====Fastfrog==

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: motor

fastfrog said:
yea, whats real bad is in 1985 i bought a boss429 nascar motor from a guy in Houston for 800.00 :lol: and brought it back to south carolina in put it on show floor of the speed shop that i ran and tried for two years to sell it :p and finally sold it to a guy in columbia,s.c. for 2200.00 :( boy was i a dumie. oh well we get stupid every so offen. now for the stupid goes in the family. :cry: my brother is now a big car dealer in columbia.in1979 he bought a Carrell Shelby GT500KR convertable for 3500.0 :D and dad got on him so a year later to show him he could make money sold it for 5000.00 :idea: and woulden you know on Barrett-Jackson this Jan they sold one of 43 made for over half-million. :cry: if only we could know about the future.and life moves on====Fastfrog==
FYI - KR's aren't bringing real stupid $$$ these days. I'm trying to buy a '68 GT500KR barn car, all original and rust free, and have been checking out the market lately. You see most restored ones advertised for $120k or so.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts