460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 89 460 and am building it for my 22 ft. sonic jetboat and ran into a slight problem after going on a ebay bender. I ordered hardin polished aluminum headers and they ended up being for an early 80's 460 and at the time did not realize there was a difference.
So my 460 block has oval exhaust ports and the headers I bought have round ports. I was thinking about getting a plate similar to a flange that you buy to build your own headers with round holes that was tall enough to cover the oval ports and just bevel them out to the oval ports. That is just something I pictured in my head that may work but i don't know.
I have noticed you can buy adapters for bbf to bbc headers but does anyone know of an adapter for early 80's headers to fit a late 80's block?

Thanks in advance and any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, the reason I don't just sell them and get the proper ones is because I got such a good deal on them.

· Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Are you still in the building process? If so why not just switch to the earlier style heads? Depending on your power goals a good purchase would be a set of already done heads from the MadPorter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.