460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm lookin to up grade my bow for next year. A guy at work said he has a 2002 matthews Q2 with only a rest on it for $250. He bought it new but never but never went hunting. Is this a good bow or should I look for a newer one. I wanted to get one all set up but if this bow is worth it I could add the stuff to it

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm lookin to up grade my bow for next year. A guy at work said he has a 2002 matthews Q2 with only a rest on it for $250. He bought it new but never but never went hunting. Is this a good bow or should I look for a newer one. I wanted to get one all set up but if this bow is worth it I could add the stuff to it
this is a great bow, i had one for over 5 years, flawless, its smooth and packs a punch in the arrow speed, $250 is a great deal for sure , more important tho is the draw length, you need to have it set up for you, accessories are easy/cheep , check the string for wear, and even if you had to get it re strung, a local shop could do it for near $50 part/installation this is assuming you use a mechanical release

·
Registered
440 Posts
X2 on what Wes said. Mathews is a great bow, and if it's basically new with a rest, $250 is a great price. Also, get it checked for your draw length and pull. Just go to a reputable guy to get the bow worked on. I have an ancient High Country and it works like new with some work done on it. that Mathews will be a good bow for hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts